Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 06-13-2009, 06:52 PM   #21
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrected View Post
Hey that's my line.

Back from the dead
Whack A Mole!

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-13-2009, 09:16 PM   #22
newagetwotone
Registered Member

WTF is this guys problem?
newagetwotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 04:00 AM   #23
pdad13
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagetwotone View Post
WTF is this guys problem?
Problem? Singular?

How much time do you have?

I'm sure Buzz, Longride, Airhawk, BrowningBAR, Fox, Cuddy, Pushrod, Ace, Sean Alexander, Pete, Fonzie, Gabe or any other MO long-timer can fill in the myriad of blanks here, but they would probably prefer not to relive the horror.

Although, the irony is that no one can truly know what the fck his problem(s) is except that he's clearly delusional. I wish his ex-wife would become a member. THAT would be interesting.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 07:57 AM   #24
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdad13 View Post
Problem? Singular?

How much time do you have?

I'm sure Buzz, Longride, Airhawk, BrowningBAR, Fox, Cuddy, Pushrod, Ace, Sean Alexander, Pete, Fonzie, Gabe or any other MO long-timer can fill in the myriad of blanks here, but they would probably prefer not to relive the horror.

Although, the irony is that no one can truly know what the fck his problem(s) is except that he's clearly delusional. I wish his ex-wife would become a member. THAT would be interesting.
Just for fun search the archives for Broomstick and or Tube Top. Get to the story of KP defending his wife's honor by waving a shotgun at some harley guys ogling his wife.

That will be a good start and we can take you on your journey from there.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 06:19 PM   #25
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"Just for fun search the archives for Broomstick and or Tube Top. Get to the story of KP defending his wife's honor by waving a shotgun at some harley guys ogling his wife."

That would be his ex-wife. I guess he has to defend his boyfriend's honor now.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:36 PM   #26
ericrosten
Founding Member

Mr. Duke, could you guys at MO start including something I rarely see spoken by any moto journalists in reviews, and that is VIBRATION. Because the majority of sportbikes that are purchased never see the track, they will be used for other things and other things require some kind of comfort. I used to own a 06 ZX636 and I loved the motor, but it was a buzzy piece.

Maybe create some sort of buzz-o-meter for bikes from now on? Bars, pegs, seat, etc., especially in comparison with other bikes.
ericrosten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:57 PM   #27
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericrosten View Post
Mr. Duke, could you guys at MO start including something I rarely see spoken by any moto journalists in reviews, and that is VIBRATION. Because the majority of sportbikes that are purchased never see the track, they will be used for other things and other things require some kind of comfort. I used to own a 06 ZX636 and I loved the motor, but it was a buzzy piece.

Maybe create some sort of buzz-o-meter for bikes from now on? Bars, pegs, seat, etc., especially in comparison with other bikes.
Buzz/vibration is a tough one to quantify. It's not just the quantity of vibes, it's how obnoxious they can be. The new ZX-6R is remarkably smooth in comparison to other 600s, and much less than the old 636 version. The Daytona has more obvious vibes, but they are at such a frequency that they don't put a rider's hands to sleep.

In this case, vibration differences wasn't an issue.
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 02:03 AM   #28
cloud9
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Loving the triple and hoping that the Japanese can spice up they're 600's with a bit more "personality". Take the Yamaha r1 example and change the engine up just a bit. IMO the sound of any sport bike is pretty sexy to me but apparently boring to everyone else. Soon the only sounds we'll here will be the "Whoosh" of a battery.
cloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:17 AM   #29
ericrosten
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke View Post
Buzz/vibration is a tough one to quantify. It's not just the quantity of vibes, it's how obnoxious they can be. The new ZX-6R is remarkably smooth in comparison to other 600s, and much less than the old 636 version. The Daytona has more obvious vibes, but they are at such a frequency that they don't put a rider's hands to sleep.

In this case, vibration differences wasn't an issue.
K, thanks! Sounds like that motor is much smoother than the 05-06 636 was. It's just helpful if vibration comparisons are mentioned in comparo's, even if one can't quantify it, at least compare it with the others. Too bad a counterbalance adds weight and interia.

I've also had an SV650 and SV650S, and the S model buzzed more in the clipons than I ever noticed in the tube bar naked, but the vtwin is a different frequency there again...less obnoxious, even if the same grip vibration-location-displacement (wha..?). So there again, I know aftermarket damping modifications can be done to a limited degree.
ericrosten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 10:06 AM   #30
TheFox
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
"Just for fun search the archives for Broomstick and or Tube Top. Get to the story of KP defending his wife's honor by waving a shotgun at some harley guys ogling his wife."

That would be his ex-wife. I guess he has to defend his boyfriend's honor now.
Here's how I feel about this whole thing:

The best bike to take a trip on is the one you have.
TheFox is offline   Reply With Quote