Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 06-05-2009, 02:04 PM   #11
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Love the looks of the bike but if I was in the market I'd be looking at the Aprilia for owning an exotic.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-05-2009, 04:14 PM   #12
12er
Founding Member

Best I could do, they "unveiled" the RSV too but when I went down Sunday morning to check it out, they hid it again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RSV.jpg (177.8 KB, 0 views)
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 05:26 PM   #13
rapier
Founding Member

It's glorious madness for BMW to be investing big bucks trying to enter a new segment at this point. I suppose as these things go the point of no return was back before the crash. There is no way BMW makes money on this thing, barring a miracle. The only people in the entire world whose income is rising is US big bankers, because their bonuses were cut. Is any non scooter bike manufacturer making money anywhere in the world now? Doubt it.

It's going to be like 87 all over again in 2 years. 3 anf 4 year old bikes littering dealerships. With a lot fewer dealers.

The economic crisis is an existential threat to the industry and MO better get on the story and keep on it.
rapier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 06:18 PM   #14
Pete_Brissette
My member is not Junior!

Default Eavesdropper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapier View Post
It's glorious madness for BMW to be investing big bucks trying to enter a new segment at this point. I suppose as these things go the point of no return was back before the crash. There is no way BMW makes money on this thing, barring a miracle...
Wow. It's like you were in the room, or sumpin', last weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapier View Post
The economic crisis is an existential threat to the industry and MO better get on the story and keep on it.
Thanks for suggesting more work. Sheesh.
Old 06-05-2009, 07:01 PM   #15
robret
Registered Member

how long has triumph been building motors? i think bmw can build one strong enough to run with the japanese.
when did japanese bikes get so good to ride? when british riders started riding them professionally, because at that time the japanese didn't know a blooming thing about suspension.
as far as the buell goes. its to bad that the top of the food chain bikes wsb, moto gp, ama, all have to run under limitations. if they had a run what you brung class. we all would probably be riding john brittan's bike, or some version of. so carry on eric buell. i think you build a cool bike
on a lighter note tell timmy and johnny its nap time. let the nice ladies get back to work.
robret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 05:23 AM   #16
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"i think bmw can build one strong enough to run with the japanese."

I think they can't.

"when did japanese bikes get so good to ride?"

Prolly around 1969 when the CB750 came out.

"when british riders started riding them professionally, because at that time the japanese didn't know a blooming thing about suspension."

Well they learned about suspension so well that most bikes sport Japanese shocks and forks.
Old 06-06-2009, 06:32 AM   #17
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

I don't think this'll make much of a dent with the flip-flop 'n beater crowd. For BMW's normal demographic though it's a fair price for a screamer. I can see some one my age (early 50's) that wanted a sporty bike being drawn to this over a Ducati or Buell, It appears to offer excellent performance at a reasonable price and it's got the little Blue and White badge on the side that means so much.

I don't think they're going to knock the Japanese off the podium but like Triumphs 675 I think there's a market for them.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 08:04 AM   #18
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

[quote=robret;215607] because at that time the japanese didn't know a blooming thing about suspension.
[quote]

Pops didnt know anything about Suspension? Huh?
Old 06-07-2009, 12:46 PM   #19
robret
Registered Member

excellent. bmw has been making engines just a little longer than honda ect. just look at a formula 1 motor as far as suspension whose front ends are they all using? ohlins. i already know who owns them, or should i say bought them. as far as pops goes. he was the kind of mechanic that most of us are not. some one who can fix things with nothing. unfortunately your statement is unfounded. he is a unique individual as john britten was and others like him. just look at britain. it is full of engineers working out of their back yards always trying to improve the spirit of the crank. thats how harley dropped the ball when they decided to try and race the big four. instead of building a thousand and letting the little guy take a look at it. they built a hundred and let know one see. now they have real nice loser, i mean cruiser
Old 06-07-2009, 12:56 PM   #20
robret
Registered Member

"You can't bolt on skill" you got that right