Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 06-04-2009, 08:04 AM   #11
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Don't worry, the Florida Creeping Crud will take another generation to make it that far North.

We do have a cooling water spray every afternoon now. From 1.5" to 3" daily. Right during commuting hours. I couldn't stand the car another day and rode anyway. I said my prayers last night, so hopefully I'll make it home alive.
If your summer rain is anything like the summer rain in Southeast Asia it doesn't cool off a damm thing, I bet. Just turns it into a choking sauna.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-04-2009, 08:23 AM   #12
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
If your summer rain is anything like the summer rain in Southeast Asia it doesn't cool off a damm thing, I bet. Just turns it into a choking sauna.
Yeah, and the "jungle rot crotch syndrome" can be pretty ugly. Especially after wearing the rain suit for an hour or two. This morning my helmet felt like I was pulling a wet sponge over my head. Nice...
Old 06-04-2009, 11:25 AM   #13
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
Moke, yesterday I rode up to the top of Chinook Pass, 5400 feet up, 90 degrees air temps winding my way through 10 foot snowbanks up to the top, like standing in front of the freezer with the door open on a hot day...crisp clean air, the whole world dropping away at my feet... total silence when I shut the bike off....

That my friend is paradise...
That sounds cool, almost like the small mountains in Hawaii when you shut the bike off all you hear are birds.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:30 PM   #14
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
That sounds cool, almost like the small mountains in Hawaii when you shut the bike off all you hear are birds.
Couple O' well-placed shotgun blasts'll take care O' THAT...............

Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 02:30 PM   #15
acecycleins
Founding Member

Best destination in middle Florida is Ken's Mom's house. Just down the road from the Space Center. Less than an hour away from Daytona. There's good food and watering-holes right in the neighborhood. You'll be right on the water in a cool (yet, spooky in its own way) 100 yo house. You'll have the pleasure of hearing anything from Dire Straights to Pink Floyd to Tychofsky (did I spell that right). But no TV- I think Ken's Mensa Mom's head would explode if there was one on- books everywhere though. If you can get Ken to show up there's a 50/50 shot he'll clean your bike in the morning before you drag yourself out off the air mattress. All in all, it's a fine place to stop when you're working your budget to the last penny.
Old 06-05-2009, 04:27 AM   #16
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

The only reason I'll go there is to pick up the helmet I won from that bum! He owes me big time!
Old 06-05-2009, 05:44 AM   #17
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
The only reason I'll go there is to pick up the helmet I won from that bum! He owes me big time!
Hey now, you've been invited 2 years running. We're saving you a tent site in the swamp.

Forget Bike Week, y'all need to come for Biketoberfest. Biketoberfest has all the fun, 1/3 the people, and the weather is much better! All the manufacturers, babes, parties are there...but you don't have to deal with the traffic jams and overcrowding.
Old 06-05-2009, 07:15 AM   #18
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Dear Klazy Ken,

How could you write about FL travel destinations and not mention the Klazy Ken Seminar museum? It is stacked with memoribilia I've collected from Klazy Ken Seminars over the years:

That paper napkin you once used to wipe the spittle off your lips.

The hotel pen you used to sign the restraining order.

Fingerprints lifted from an overhead projector.

And much more!

I'm still waiting for you to come visit and invite all your friends!

See you at Islamorada seminar!

Sincerely,

Konfused in Karlsbad
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 10:42 AM   #19
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Konfused in Karlsbad

Klazy Ken hate dis guy. He too weird even for Klazy Ken. He send me soiled panties and old dentures one time. Took 2 day stop vomiting.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:40 AM   #20
tmac0033
Registered Member

Default tmac0033

This story seriously sucks! This guy has obviously never even been to Florida. Summer temperatures in the low 80s? Florida has summer heat that would melt a monkey!

This story was written by a hack marketer. He probably lifted it right out of a tourist brochure.

Hardly ANYTHING about good rides. This idiot should be ashamed of himself. I hope he didn't get paid.
tmac0033 is offline   Reply With Quote