Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 05-24-2009, 11:14 PM   #1
VTX1800Rider
Registered Member

Default A heads up for anyone in Utah or passing through

Hey friends. I've got an '02 Honda VTX1800 (if you couldn't guess) that I love. I've only had just terrible experiences with the local Honda dealer, Monarch Honda in Orem, Utah. It surprises me so much that in this sort of economic climate that some businesses aren't bending over backwards for their customers and instead are going about with super dishonest practices that should make good people like us never go back. What I've seen so far I've written down at www.MonarchHondaSucks.com Hopefully you all remember that if you're ever in Utah or you live here. We all need to stick together about this kind of thing.
VTX1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-25-2009, 05:19 AM   #2
seruzawa
The Toad

Have you tried Salt Lake Honda-Suzuki? They've treated me fairly for the most part.
Old 05-25-2009, 05:22 AM   #3
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Seruzawa should have some first hand knowledge of this place? Seruzawa arent you in Utah?
Old 05-25-2009, 05:31 AM   #4
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Seruzawa should have some first hand knowledge of this place? Seruzawa arent you in Utah?
Utah is pretty big, Moke. About 350 x 275 miles. And since I do 99% of my own repairs I don't visit dealers that are 40 miles away much, or ever actually. I rode by Monarch once! Looked squidly.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:34 AM   #5
VTX1800Rider
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Have you tried Salt Lake Honda-Suzuki? They've treated me fairly for the most part.
I actually have only been in their showroom as I was helping a friend buy a bike. But that's 40 miles for me too...a little tough especially if the bike isn't running. The Edge at the point of the mountain is closer and I've had great experiences with them. But Obsession is not too far at all and they're a good crowd there. If only I knew as much to do 99% of my own repairs...maybe in 20 years. ha. Now that you're here i might pick someone's brain though. My bike has started slipping out of gear lately, usually it's on downshifts but occasionally on upshifts too. It's got plenty of fluids...what else could it be?
VTX1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote