Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 05-22-2009, 12:52 PM   #11
acecycleins
Founding Member

It's a 87 K100RS 2valve motor. It's sweet. I just want to do some fire road playig before my knees can't handle it anymore. Market will bring nearly $3200- NADA near $2800. Want to swap even for a dual sport or old BMW GS.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-22-2009, 06:00 PM   #12
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Did you guys hear something, sounded like a Fart?
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:13 PM   #13
Duken4evr
Founding Member

This is a fun category. I spent some time on a friend's SV650 standard (no fairing) with a Power Commander and Leo Vince can, and found it impossible not to ride like a complete idiot. Lots of wheelies and general hucking around of the small torquey and oh so manageable motorcycle. The festivities nearly culminated in riding a wheelie over the neighbor's cat.

Yep. The 650 Suzuki is a fine bike. No doubt the Kawi is much the same.
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:08 PM   #14
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
Did you guys hear something, sounded like a Fart?
I could smell it all the way in Italy.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:36 PM   #15
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
I could smell it all the way in Italy.
Nah man, Venice always smells that way - it's cuz all the toilets flush into the "alleyways". Kinda like Mexico City, only wetter.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:43 PM   #16
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
Nah man, Venice always smells that way - it's cuz all the toilets flush into the "alleyways". Kinda like Mexico City, only wetter.
We escaped Venice yesterday. Spent the night in Lido beach. I guess it had it's heyday once but now it's like Daytona beach for Italians.

Imagine a fat chick sitting next to a guy with a mullet, but in this case she's topless and he's wearing a speedo. My child will never be the same.

We're taking the train back to Milan this morning and then it will be back to 'murica Sunday!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 09:25 AM   #17
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duken4evr View Post
This is a fun category. I spent some time on a friend's SV650 standard (no fairing) with a Power Commander and Leo Vince can, and found it impossible not to ride like a complete idiot. Lots of wheelies and general hucking around of the small torquey and oh so manageable motorcycle. The festivities nearly culminated in riding a wheelie over the neighbor's cat.

Yep. The 650 Suzuki is a fine bike. No doubt the Kawi is much the same.
I only wish more newer/younger riders had an inkling of grins to be had on bikes like these rather than lusting for fully faired bikes in the supersport category. One day I'll find time to do a long-planned story of how a medium-grade rider can pilot an SV down a twisty road quicker than on a literbike...
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 09:09 PM   #18
Duken4evr
Founding Member

I did a CLASS school at the Streets of Willow. Yep, the instructors on their SV650s had no trouble blowing by everybody on the track. I have no doubt I would be faster and safer on that track in the SV than on a GSXR of any displacement. The twins are so usable. The SV 650 motor is a free revving good sounding gem.

I replaced my TL1000S with the FZ1 when I moved to Colorado. A literbike actually makes some sense here, due to the high elevation. It is good to have too much power when a ride can take me over 10,000 feet. I can't imagine my modded FZ1 at sea level. It would be just silly. Someday I will have to take her down the hill

Last edited by Duken4evr : 05-23-2009 at 09:13 PM.
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 05:55 AM   #19
rapier
Founding Member

It's a little strange Kawi lost the HP war here. As a practical matter not such a big deal and the $500 less will help them but I still find it kind of odd. I suspect it is mostly due to the exhaust configuration. I don't think the really short underneath exhaust makes a hell of a lot of sense with in a standard. The Versys yes.
rapier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 01:25 PM   #20
anrajala
Founding Member

Am I getting effing old and cranky but aren't the instrument panels getting so crappy in design that it is downright insulting?

Why can't they have two analog round pots, one for speed and other for revs for chrissakes. So clear you can read them with the whites of your eyes when you focus on the approaching 40 km/h gravel road bend with 100 km/h on the clock.

Now one looks like some sort of early game boy controller and other like a cheapo Chinese every home's wheather station from the eighties.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote