Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2010 Triumph Thunderbird Designer (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/11941-2010-triumph-thunderbird-designer.html)

longride 05-18-2009 04:08 PM

"I have been raving about this for years."

And you've been a raving lunatic for years too. What does that prove?

seruzawa 05-18-2009 04:17 PM

Maybe he had something to do with the Victory Vision too!

12er 05-18-2009 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 213842)
I already saw it. I wonder how he lived that down. I saw one at the Cycle World show. Brand new 2004 for 15 grand, and they STILL can't sell the POS!

Well at least its almost down to what it should of been priced in the first place.

pushrod 05-18-2009 06:56 PM

That Rune is just Gawdawful lookin'.

A former shipmate's wife has one, and she LOVES it. Rides the wheels off of it, too.

In more than one meaning. That thing absolutely eats tires. And there are only one or two tires available for it. It goes through fronts almost as fast as the rears.

Vive' le difference, I guess.

But just think: You walk down the street, turn a corner, and there are a Rune, a Vision, an Aztek, and an AMC Matador parked there.

Do you run screaming, or start a fire?

mscuddy 05-18-2009 07:05 PM

What year Matador? The Adam-12 cars were cool, with the 401 motor and all them lights and sireens. But the 1976 Matador was, well, just as bad as the Rambler Marlin. Built by loonies for loonies.

Dr_Sprocket 05-18-2009 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pushrod (Post 213851)
But just think: You walk down the street, turn a corner, and there are a Rune, a Vision, an Aztek, and an AMC Matador parked there.

I'll take the Vision. You can have the rest. The Vision reminds me of the AirStream trailers of the 70's - either you love 'em or hate 'em. Me? I love 'em.

seruzawa 05-18-2009 07:37 PM

Quote:

I say we take off and nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

pushrod 05-18-2009 07:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm thinking the butt-ugly coupe.

Of course, there was a 'sporty' version, the Matador X.

Howstuffworks "Introduction to the 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978 AMC Matador"

A 360ci V-8 putting out 140HP! Probably got 18mpg, too.

Gag!

anrajala 05-19-2009 12:29 AM

Tire eating monster

Quote:

That thing absolutely eats tires. And there are only one or two tires available for it. It goes through fronts almost as fast as the rears.

I know the feeling, also my bike has usually only two tires available for it. Before the ride I always count them. Its a bad omen if there is only one.

Anyways I love the Rune. Talked to the Honda importer and he said there is one registered in Finland, originally EU type approved in Sweden. Knowing the red tape (1 truckload of documents and 0.5 truckloads of money) hard to believe its legit. But could be. Crazier things have happened.

Problem with Rune is that 1800 cc is also becoming midrange. Boxer-6 helps though.

- cruiz-euro

anrajala 05-19-2009 04:21 AM

Damn foreigners copying the Harley again

Quote:

Originally Posted by mscuddy (Post 213819)
Gee, looks like a Harley from the seat/tank up. How'd that happen? Not enough Pounds Sterling in the old crock pot?

From the seat/tank up? The handlebars are similar?

I guess it must take star spangled sunglasses to see a liquid cooled parallel twin as a harley copy. We can agree they are both midrange.

- cruiz-euro