Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 05-12-2009, 03:30 PM   #1
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Default Save the World. Buy a Bike

Purchasing a motorcycle helps keep a lot of employed and their families fed. Everybody from the folks on the assembly line, the trucker who delivers your new bike, to the dealership where you buy benefit from your purchase. And now, thanks to New Improved Obama (now with Retsin(tm)), you can save big money when you purchase a brand new motorcycle:

Stimulus Bill Includes Tax Break for Motorcycle Purchases
Language that provides a tax deduction for the purchase of a motorcycle is in the economic stimulus bill, the AMA reports. The AMA, working in conjunction with other stakeholders, worked diligently to secure the motorcycle provision within the measure.

Motorcycles are included as "qualified vehicles" in Section 1008 of the legislation. Those purchasing a new motorcycle from February 17, 2009 to December 31, 2009 will be able to deduct the sales and excise taxes on their 2009 tax returns. You can deduct taxes paid on the first $49,500 of the motorcycles price.

$49 Large can buy two or more bikes, so let's not be shy. Financing rates are outstanding, dealers have excess inventory, it's a buyer's market out there. And don't forget, those sub $3 gas prices aren't going to last. Even now OPEC is whacking production; they're losing money on every barrel sold so they can keep the revenue flowing. Look for higher gas prices this summer. Beat the rush. Buy a bike today.

Last edited by Kenneth_Moore : 05-12-2009 at 03:30 PM. Reason: [I]This public service message was brought to you by: kkllc2.com[/I]
Kenneth_Moore is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-12-2009, 04:30 PM   #2
mugwump58
Registered Member

Well I've done my part. Let's see if my contract gets renewed, maybe I'll do some more. Salesmen oughta be chompin at the bit around August. Unless of course those crafty manufactures cut their shipments so much that there isn't anything left by then. Oh wait didn't I already have that discussion with a sales manager already?
Old 05-12-2009, 04:39 PM   #3
seruzawa
The Toad

You sure this wasn't Scrappleface? Or maybe the bikes have to be purchased though Klazy Ken's Internet Sales and World Domination Center?
Old 05-12-2009, 04:59 PM   #4
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Granma used to eat scrapple. Nasty looking crap, wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.
Old 05-12-2009, 05:06 PM   #5
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Yes! Bout time?