Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 05-07-2009, 02:07 PM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

Default 2009 Victory Cory Ness Signature Jackpot Review

Original Article:
2009 Victory Cory Ness Signature Jackpot Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2009 Victory Cory Ness Signature Jackpot Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-07-2009, 05:50 PM   #2
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

There was a fairly new looking Victory at the beach last Saturday. Don't know what model it was, but it was pretty "standard;" nothing too radical but a bit of a chopper look to it. I have to say it was a good looking bike. The materials looked to be of high quality, the paint job was gorgeous, and it was very "clean" looking overall. They put a lot more effort into hiding wires and pumbing than HD does. But the most interesting part of the bike (for me, anyway) was the motor.

They build some damn big jugs; the things looked wide enough to house a V-4 inside. Massive, it was, and done in a nice black with shiny edges on the fins and such. There was a tiny little oil cooler up front; whoever owns it had better stay off A1A in the summer when the traffic backs up, or they'll roast that nice looking lump.

If I were in the market for a cruiser or chopperesque ride, I'd give Victory a really hard look.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:04 PM   #3
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

The headlight looks like some outdoor light fixture off a late '50's duplex.

Now all it needs is some stucco...
Old 05-08-2009, 02:26 AM   #4
V2Rider
Premium Member

I'm starting to see more Victorys around my area, even a few Visions. When my Dad passed a few years ago I got his Kingpin from his wife and it's been fun to ride. It's got the older 92 inch motor and 5 speed but it definately motors along.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:00 AM   #5
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Victorys are nice enough bikes. They just are up against things they are going to have real trouble overcoming if they want to survive. One, they have no real heritage or history. Two, their dealer network is sparse. Three, they are just as expensive as Harley. Four, they really bring nothing new to the table: the customized, air-cooled, V-Twin, belt drive vehicle has been beat to death. And five, and possibly the most important problem is that the 'Bad Vision' is quite possibly the ugliest motorcycle from all angles that has ever been produced. They do make other nice bikes, but these factors will eventually grind them down, I believe. Just my opinion.

Last edited by longride : 05-08-2009 at 12:29 PM.
longride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 09:19 AM   #6
pushrod
Founding Member

Doesn't do a thing for me.

I agree with all of LR's points.

Except the one about the Vision. I don't think it is 'ugly' as much as it is 'not attractive'.

To me, the big BMW GS and the Honda Ruckus are ugly. Which is a good thing, for them.

The Vision hits me like a 57-year old Barbie wanna-bee. Some pleasant lines, but- no thanks!

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 12:08 PM   #7
V2Rider
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
Victory's are nice enough bikes. They just are up against things they are going to have real trouble overcoming if they want to survive. One, they have no real heritage or history. Two, thier dealer network is sparse. Three, they are just as expensive as Harley. Four, they really bring nothing new to the table: the customized, air-cooled, V-Twin, belt drive vehicle has been beat to death. And five, and possibly the most important problem is that the 'Bad Vision' is quite possibly the ugliest motorcycle from all angles that has ever been produced. They do make other nice bikes, but these factors will eventually grind them down, I believe. Just my opinion.
Though I like the Victory I've got it was more of a sentimental purchase than anything. I pretty much agree with most of the points you made though I think they'll find a small niche for guys that don't want HD's but want American made. I've ridden HDs since 82 and can't see not having one. I do most of my riding on my RG.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:21 PM   #8
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

I like them myself, there's a dealer local so I see them on the road from time to time. There's even a guy in the next building over with a Vision here at work, it's a maroon and silver color. I think it's a nice looking bike myself, I know they build them like a durn M1 Abrams, stout as hell.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 03:01 PM   #9
SpeedCop
Banned

Don't particularly like the paint scheme on this bike but I do like other Victory bikes like the Vegas. As far as dealer network I think if you are in a major city you are probably ok but like longride said it's sparse out side of the major markets. HD used to be that way but now has dealers in small cities away from major cities. But I guess if the price isn't that much cheaper than a HD I have to ask why would you buy this over a Harley. Just to be different yet buy American? Most Harley are customized uniquely by their owners anyway
SpeedCop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 03:14 PM   #10
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

I dunno, call me an old phart, but that thing looks like a technicolor yawn.

Maybe some gold lame' highlights on the fenders, and orange grip streamers would set it off, go with those hideous rims.

What ever happened to the nice classic V Twin lines we all love so much? If I want to ruin something's looks, I can do it myself with an old AEE catalog.