Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   BikerWiki.net - New Site needs your help. (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/11827-bikerwiki-net-new-site-needs-your-help.html)

h3lr4zr 05-07-2009 11:22 AM

BikerWiki.net - New Site needs your help.

I am starting a Wiki dedicated to motorcycling. There is alot good information that comes out of the forums, but some gets lost amongst the static so I decided that a wiki would be great way to archive all of this good information and make a 'one stop shop' for newbies and experienced motorcycles to share and gather information.

With that said, I need help from the motorcycle community to make this happen. The site is open to the full spectrum of motorcycling I encourage anyone who would like to help out in this project to make an account and make a few edits.

You can check it out at BikerWiki.net

Feel free to plug the site on any other boards you might be involved in. Its an ambitious undertaking so I hope you can help me out on this. Thanks!

seruzawa 05-07-2009 11:27 AM

I don't think spending my time helping you set up your profit-making web enterprise is high on my agenda.

h3lr4zr 05-07-2009 11:30 AM

I don't plan to make any money on this. Hosting does cost money and I didn't just put this website on some crappy unlimited everything for 5 bucks a month fly by night webhost. I have a leased server dedicated to running this site. All I want to do is break even on hosting costs and maybe make a meaningful contribution to the motorcycle community by helping to organize the information that already exists. FWIW I've disabled the ads on the site for now to appease the 1%ers who complain about things like that.

Kenneth_Moore 05-07-2009 11:55 AM

I had some wiki in my madura this morning. Doc says to eat more fiber.

longride 05-07-2009 12:29 PM

Wiki this pal!

sarnali2 05-07-2009 12:40 PM

I'll support your site for a share of the profits, otherwise f*ck off

SmokeU 05-07-2009 12:43 PM

Isn't Wiki the name of one of those silly Ewok things?

h3lr4zr 05-07-2009 12:46 PM

Wow. I've never seen such hostility from a forum. LOL @ profits. I don't make ANY money on this site. Not a dime. Of course your going to bash it because the first guy who was a mod had a problem with my post. I can't blame you for taking his work over the FNG, but seriously check the website for yourself.

I've turned off the ads for the time being. Seriously, I don't have a profit motive on this. Its going to cost me a minumum of $300/year to for hosting this site. I may go to a donation basis for this site later but I just want to break even, that is all. I am just a motorcycle enthusiast who wants to try to give back to the community.

h3lr4zr 05-07-2009 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeU (Post 212705)
Isn't Wiki the name of one of those silly Ewok things?

No a wiki...like wikipedia is a publicly editable website that anyone can contribute to.

SmokeU 05-07-2009 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h3lr4zr (Post 212707)
No a wiki...like wikipedia is a publicly editable website that anyone can contribute to.

Like I said...