Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 05-04-2009, 10:41 AM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

Default MotoGP: 2009 Jerez Results

Original Article:
MotoGP: 2009 Jerez Results

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article MotoGP: 2009 Jerez Results in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-04-2009, 07:27 PM   #2
pikehk
Founding Member

Can anybody explain to me how Rossi got his bike turned after he passed Stoner today? I thought for sure he was going to run way wide, but he just hugged the corner and closed the door. To bad Pedrosa couldn't give Rossi more of a fight. I guess Rossi was to much for him when he put the hammer down.

As for Nicky I don't know what to say. I am still rooting for him every race but that Ducati seem to destroy riders and use them to fertilize the infield. Stoner is obviously a bad ass. I doubt even Rossi could ride that thing straight away. Casey was winning races on it as soon as he swung a leg over it. Does anybody have a link to an article that can explain why it is so hard to ride for everyone but him?
pikehk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 07:30 PM   #3
mugwump58
Registered Member

There was a time not long ago where everyone proclaimed the bike to be an unfair advantage. Nice job Casey. Hang in there Nicky! I'm still optimistic. No really.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:30 AM   #4
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

I was hoping for so much more from Nicky. Bummer. He'd better get it crankin' or else... he'll be living in a van down by the river!

Last edited by Dr_Sprocket : 05-05-2009 at 04:16 AM.
Dr_Sprocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:39 AM   #5
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Rossi is the best rider ever. Wait, he's not quite as good as Mladin, but he's close!
Old 05-05-2009, 09:41 AM   #6
12er
Founding Member

Good race, nothing compared to the 250 race but kept me entertained. I'm coming to the conclusion that Nicky is just too big of a rider.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 10:00 AM   #7
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12er View Post
Good race, nothing compared to the 250 race but kept me entertained. I'm coming to the conclusion that Nicky is just too big of a rider.
Dude, he weighs like one-eighth what you do, and probably could only look you in the navel......

(but then-again, Pedrosa only weighs like one-tenth, and could look you in the testicles)
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:59 AM   #8
tlump
Founding Member

Default Can Nicky cut it?

I cheered myself hoarse when Nicky won the title in '06, but even then he didn't show real racing chops. There are things you'd like to see from a top racer. Top racers get knocked of the track and make heroic rides back through the field with damaged equipment. Nicky circulates 4 seconds off the pace with no discernable damage to the bike. Top racers make tough passes when it counts and make them stick. Nicky just follows. Top racers relish wheel to wheel battles and are ruthless in their drive to the front. Nicky settles. Top racers will follow someone to find their weaknesses, but then pounce. How many times has he followed someone for lap after lap without even attempting to make a pass for the lead? (Melandri in Spain '05, Pedrosa in '06 China, Capirossi and Rossi in Mugello '06). I think Ducati made a mistake hiring him. I hope I'm wrong, but I think Hayden's not the guy to make the Ducati work.
tlump is offline   Reply With Quote