Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2009 Kawasaki ER-6n Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/11737-2009-kawasaki-er-6n-review.html)

Administrator 04-29-2009 02:24 PM

2009 Kawasaki ER-6n Review

Original Article:
2009 Kawasaki ER-6n Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2009 Kawasaki ER-6n Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

Dr_Sprocket 04-30-2009 04:14 AM

So, what you're saying is you're not feelin' the vibe of this Kawi, eh? Just kidding. Nice sidebar addressing the vibration issues. Looking forward to the naked six-five-oh shootout.

I don't think the nose looks wonky. The profile (angulation) appears to be similar to its bigger brothers (ZX-6/10).

pplassm 04-30-2009 05:53 AM

Neat. I still prefer the Versys, though.

seruzawa 04-30-2009 06:00 AM

I think it's great that Kwakcer (and Zooker) still try to provide a choice in bikes that aren't cruisers or race replicas. But I agree with Ensign pplassm, the Versys is more attractive. I saw a nice one with bags at REI last weekend. Good touring rig for solo touring. The EN-6n would probably make a decent light touring rig.

Funny how the two smaller Japanese bike companies seem to offer more of a selection than the big dogs.

SmokeU 04-30-2009 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pplassm (Post 211863)
Neat. I still prefer the Versys, though.

I do too.

This message is too short.

SmokeU 04-30-2009 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 211867)
I think it's great that Kwakcer (and Zooker) still try to provide a choice in bikes that aren't cruisers or race replicas. But I agree with Ensign pplassm, the Versys is more attractive. I saw a nice one with bags at REI last weekend. Good touring rig for solo touring. The EN-6n would probably make a decent light touring rig.

Funny how the two smaller Japanese bike companies seem to offer more of a selection than the big dogs.

The local brewery also has more of a selection than the big dogs too.

Dr_Sprocket 04-30-2009 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeU (Post 211870)
The local brewery also has more of a selection than the big dogs too.

Who's your local brewhouse? Many of the big breweries didn't have great selection, so the simply bought up many smaller brewers/brands to capture greater market share.

seruzawa 04-30-2009 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket (Post 211875)
Who's your local brewhouse? Many of the big breweries didn't have great selection, so the simply bought up many smaller brewers/brands to capture greater market share.

You might not believe this of straight-laced Utah but we have more micro-breweries here than you can shake a stick at. Currently SWMBO and I have been frequenting Squatter's. Their full suspension ale is quite tasty.

SmokeU 04-30-2009 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket (Post 211875)

The August Schell Brewing Company is the local brewhouse. They've been family owned and operated since 1860. Being in the most German town in the country we find reason to have some sort of "fest" every couple months or so.

seruzawa 04-30-2009 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeU (Post 211893)
The August Schell Brewing Company is the local brewhouse. They've been family owned and operated since 1860. Being in the most German town in the country we find reason to have some sort of "fest" every couple months or so.

From your posts we figured you were "festing" every weekend.