Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2009, 04:50 AM   #1
Erasmus Thump
Registered Member
 
Erasmus Thump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: England by Jove!
Posts: 9
Default A New Phantom Has Arrived

For the first time since 1929, a new motorcycle has rolled out of the Phantom Motorcycle Manufacturing works. The new machine, dubbed the Phantom EG will be publicly displayed for the first time on May 23rd and 24th, 2009 at the International Custom Bike Show at London's Earls Court Exhibition Centre. You may learn more about the company and the machine at The Phantom Manufacturing Co., producer of quality sporting auto cycles for discerning gentlemen or follow up to the minute on Twitter @EThump. We look forward to hearing from you!
__________________
Erasmus Thump
Founder
The Phantom Motorcycle Manufacturing Co. Ltd.
www.thephantom.co.uk
Erasmus Thump is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-27-2009, 07:38 AM   #2
pplassm
Founding Member
 
pplassm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,875
Default

How does this compare to the Spagthorpe Basenji?

Spagthorpe Production Motorcycles: Basenji
__________________
Mongo just pawn in game of life.
pplassm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 08:54 AM   #3
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

 
sarnali2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sittin' down by my window, lookin' at the rain.
Posts: 8,719
Default

I can't help but noticing you appear to be using this website as a springboard for your website, I'm sorry but it's just not on old boy, not cricket you see.......
__________________
"Carpe` Throttelum -Loud Suits Save Lives"

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:10 AM   #4
The_AirHawk
Founding Member
 
The_AirHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Leanin' Tower O' P-P-P-P-POWAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Posts: 11,491
Default

There'll NEVER be another fighter like the F4..........
__________________
Parfois, on fait pas semblant
Sometimes, it's not pretend
Oderint Dum Metuant
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 11:17 AM   #5
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member
 
Kenneth_Moore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VIsiting the GIft Shop in the Pit of DIspair
Posts: 7,118
Default

I'm no gentleman, but I discern this is horse pucky.
__________________
www.kennethmoore.org
Kenneth_Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 11:19 AM   #6
The_AirHawk
Founding Member
 
The_AirHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Leanin' Tower O' P-P-P-P-POWAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Posts: 11,491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
I'm no gentleman, but I discern this is horse pucky.
I notice Erasmus' Avatatar-man to be wearing a Mind Control Helmet.

I predict brisk sales of Aluminium Foil Futures.........
__________________
Parfois, on fait pas semblant
Sometimes, it's not pretend
Oderint Dum Metuant
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 11:26 AM   #7
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

 
sarnali2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sittin' down by my window, lookin' at the rain.
Posts: 8,719
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
I notice Erasmus' Avatatar-man to be wearing a Mind Control Helmet.

I predict brisk sales of Aluminium Foil Futures.........


I fear he may be nothing but a dupe for the notorious Count Al B. Sickalloverya.....!
__________________
"Carpe` Throttelum -Loud Suits Save Lives"

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 03:18 AM   #8
Erasmus Thump
Registered Member
 
Erasmus Thump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: England by Jove!
Posts: 9
Default Apologies and a change ...

Gentlemen,
First off, my apologies if my post was seen as nothing more than a ruse to make people go to places to which they do not wish. I am a strong believer in the will of man and doubt that such strong willed folk as yourselves could be wooed into doing something against your will. We simply wish to let people know that we have returned...from the beyond as it were. We have been instructed by our venerable secretary, Mrs. Ramsbottom, that the interweb or whatever you call this thing, is the way in which humans now do this. Long gone are the days of the penny post I suppose....<sigh>. Anyway, my apologies if my previous post proved to be too distracting or otherwise some sort of block in the normal flow of conversation. I will endeavour not to further aggravate you with such things.
For those of you interested in the goings on here at the Phantom works, then let me also pass on the sad information that the show where we had hoped to publicly display our handiwork has been canceled. So we are thinking of how we might still present our work to an interested public. I hope that I will not offend if I bring any updated information regarding this issue to this august panel. We are thinking of publishing some advance photos on our website in the next three weeks and here of course too if we can figure out how such a thing might be done.
As for Spagthorpe...such a tragic tale. Personally, I thought the man a genius at first. But then, as is frequently the case in the high born, tragedy seems to shadow such figures. I believe his engineering prowess began its decline with his dogged exploration of square wheels for off-road conveyances. He believed there was a certain pattern of protrusion and depression in nature's surfaces and that if the wheel was of the correct dimensions it could pass over the high bits and land the corners in the low bits thus resulting in a smooth ride. Nature proved a bit more chaotic and uncooperative and I do not believe old Spagthorpe ever forgave mother nature for her insolence.

Tally Ho!
__________________
Erasmus Thump
Founder
The Phantom Motorcycle Manufacturing Co. Ltd.
www.thephantom.co.uk
Erasmus Thump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 05:44 AM   #9
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erasmus Thump View Post
Gentlemen,
First off, my apologies if my post was seen as nothing more than a ruse to make people go to places to which they do not wish. I am a strong believer in the will of man and doubt that such strong willed folk as yourselves could be wooed into doing something against your will. We simply wish to let people know that we have returned...from the beyond as it were. We have been instructed by our venerable secretary, Mrs. Ramsbottom, that the interweb or whatever you call this thing, is the way in which humans now do this. Long gone are the days of the penny post I suppose....<sigh>. Anyway, my apologies if my previous post proved to be too distracting or otherwise some sort of block in the normal flow of conversation. I will endeavour not to further aggravate you with such things.
For those of you interested in the goings on here at the Phantom works, then let me also pass on the sad information that the show where we had hoped to publicly display our handiwork has been canceled. So we are thinking of how we might still present our work to an interested public. I hope that I will not offend if I bring any updated information regarding this issue to this august panel. We are thinking of publishing some advance photos on our website in the next three weeks and here of course too if we can figure out how such a thing might be done.
As for Spagthorpe...such a tragic tale. Personally, I thought the man a genius at first. But then, as is frequently the case in the high born, tragedy seems to shadow such figures. I believe his engineering prowess began its decline with his dogged exploration of square wheels for off-road conveyances. He believed there was a certain pattern of protrusion and depression in nature's surfaces and that if the wheel was of the correct dimensions it could pass over the high bits and land the corners in the low bits thus resulting in a smooth ride. Nature proved a bit more chaotic and uncooperative and I do not believe old Spagthorpe ever forgave mother nature for her insolence.

Tally Ho!
You may be able to post things here for free but, trust me on this, this gang of reprobates will make you pay somehow.
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 05:56 AM   #10
pplassm
Founding Member
 
pplassm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,875
Default

Good job, Mister Thump! Welcome to the community.

I do believe that the organizers of this "site" have a representative on the Continent that would be happy to help you publicize your efforts.

Anyone?
__________________
Mongo just pawn in game of life.
pplassm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off