Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/index.php)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   A New Phantom Has Arrived (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11696)

sarnali2 05-04-2009 09:59 AM

I believe adequate ventilation and a canteen menu not so dependent on cabbage, brussel sprouts and corned beef would alieviate the worst cases of inadvertant spontaneous combustion....

We of course offer dear Titus our sympathies on his unfortunate anal immolation, we trust with time and care he'll be able to make the nesseccary adjustments to continue living a productive life.....

Erasmus Thump 05-26-2009 10:47 AM

Greetings again gentlemen! I trust the advancing Spring is giving you cause to celebrate? Warm days and dry pavement are a natural source of happiness to the riding gentleman. I have a favour to ask of you all. WE have been asked by friends to gather a list of favourite films of vintage motorbikes on the internet so that we might share them with others. we have got started on the project already and have gathered a few good ones so far. But I thought that you gents woul be very well placed to recommend other candidates from Youtube et al that we might include also. You assistance is greatly appreciated.
Kind regards,
Thump

12er 05-26-2009 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pushrod (Post 212230)
And lemme tell ya, coveralls have nothing on a diver's dry suit! Especially if you were diving a rebreather! Wow!

Sitting on a stage during decompression could be a special kind of hell if you had picked the wrong thing(s) for dinner the night before.

Full wetsuit is bad enough when you know what that bubble on the top of your head is...

pushrod 05-26-2009 01:25 PM

Erasmus,

You will, no doubt, be deluged with a myriad of titles. However, I'd like to toss one into the ring...

Although not a 'motorcycle' film, I have always been very fond of 'Vanishing Point.'

A classic 'car' movie, it has a wonderful, albeit very short, segment featuring a small Honda motorcycle.

mscuddy 05-26-2009 01:52 PM

Erasmus, please check out the MX forum here in Motorcycle.com for rare and esoteric machinery not elsewhere displayed for viewing purposes.

While these motorcycles do not have the advantage of Lucas electrics, or the superior Amal Monobloc, and are mostly devoid of "sludge traps", they still rate high in the world of unobtainium and have a high "gosh" factor.

sarnali2 05-26-2009 01:55 PM

Coogans Bluff while generally a stinker does have an excellent chase scene involving two Bonnies around NYC's central park. There's always ElectraGlide in Blue as well staring Robert Blake as a Motor Officer who wants to become a detective, excellent footage of flatside Shovelheads beating about the bush in Police livery...

Mad Max is always entertaining as the baddies blast around on natty looking mid 70's UJM Cafe` Racers...

mscuddy 05-26-2009 02:04 PM

Firms? Films? E Gads...

1 Attachment(s)
Favourite films? I though you said favourite firms? Have to get new bifocals...

On Any Sunday, of course.

Here's yours truly with one of the stars at the Monsters of MX extravaganza...you can guess who it is...

Erasmus Thump 06-17-2009 04:35 AM

You gentlemen are very correct. We are all avid fans of scramblers here at Phantom. Personally I like this one machine one of the new lads has resting in the works. He spends a lot of time trying to get it started, to the degree that one of his legs looks significantly bigger than the other. It is a 1981 Maico 490 Mega 2. I must say that it is louder than any Phantom every produced, including The Fanny Hammer! It is also the one machine in the works that no other rider will ride. Mind you, Enoch has said that, if he still had legs, he would happily give it a go.

As for films, we have found that British Pathe has a collection of films about 1930s OIM TT races. We are enquiring as to the possibility of them allowing us to display free samples of these films on the Phantom site. Sadly, no response as yet. We seem to be running up against a fair bit of "Mortalism" these days -- a prejudice against the dead. A strange phenomenon to our thinking, especially considering all of you will eventually become one of us as it were...

Oh, and there are many photographs of the completed Phantom EG on Sporting Vintage Motorbikes for Discerning Gentlemen if you are interested. We took them last week at Brooklands.

Erasmus Thump 06-17-2009 04:36 AM

Oh, and what was that film with George Fornby and the Snap?

pushrod 06-17-2009 07:47 AM

The bike looks absolutely fabulous! Well done!

And the site isn't half bad, either!