Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2009 Literbike Shootout (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/11685-2009-literbike-shootout.html)

mscuddy 05-26-2009 06:27 PM

Nope, KP WAS Matt Mladin. Punched that ticket myself.

newagetwotone 05-26-2009 07:12 PM

what a douche

Dr_Sprocket 05-26-2009 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newagetwotone (Post 214623)
what a douche

Which one, Mladin or KP?

pplassm 05-27-2009 05:01 AM

Oh no.

Mladin is KP.

MOKE1K 05-27-2009 01:45 PM

?????????????

And anyone who takes them literally deserves what they get in response.

Guess your set then. You seem to read waaaay to deep into a write up.

Kevin_Duke 05-27-2009 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket (Post 214616)
Did you smell that? Smells like K-Pee.

Anyway, in today's society, not enough "thanks" go around. I just wanted to say thanks for the write-up. I know it's your job, but it was a good read, nontheless.

I still love the Ducati 1198 (sch-wing!), but I might have to consider the Ninja thou', though.

Thanks, Doc! We're glad someone's getting their money's worth!

mugwump58 05-27-2009 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pplassm (Post 214650)
Oh no.

Mladin is KP.

Wow so that race that never was would've been pretty interesting. I see now the Ninja was part of his cover.;)

The_AirHawk 05-27-2009 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mugwump58 (Post 214753)
Wow so that race that never was would've been pretty interesting. I see now the Ninja was part of his cover.;)

Yeah, he would've cleaned Buz and Longrides clocks. Of course he'd have to soak them in lukewarm salt water for three days to get 'em REALLY spotless................

cloud9 05-28-2009 10:40 AM

take it easy tourist guy

Quote:

Originally Posted by touristguy87 (Post 214488)
Which is what really makes me wonder why so many of the testers think that the CBR handles well yet it's the one bike that went down.

Perhaps the cbr inspired so much confidence that it encouraged the tester to push harder than he otherwise would have on another bike. Motogp and WSBK handle like they're on rails and yet the rider's still fall. Just because you have a excellent handling bike does'nt mean your immune to a crash.:rolleyes:

cloud9 05-28-2009 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by touristguy87 (Post 214489)
The only *rational* reason to buy these bikes is to cut fast laps on a fast track.

Or to buy what we the consumer want to buy. Does anybody really need a Bmw m3, Bugatti Veyron, Corvette ZR1, Mercedes AMG whatever? Course not but why do the manufactures still make them? The consumer is demanding them and buying them. We could all be driving an eco friendly smart car but were choosing something that we want for whatever reason. Just cause they don't match your criteria for what you want in a machine does'nt mean everybody else is going to agree. Frankly I find it incredible that you can take these literbikes and literally race on Sunday and commute to work on Monday.

Be glad we still have a choice (albeit a seemingly shrinking one) as to what we can ride.