Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 04-17-2009, 06:50 PM   #21
schizuki
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
Gad' dammit boy it's not chrome, it's polished alloy!!!

hand made by skilled Welsh Artisians in some dusty shop in a tiny village in the hills
Good. Buy me one. Tell them it's for a 2000 Bandit 600S. Seruzawa's going to install it when he does the build. Don't tell Buz about this, he'll want to come over and put bicycle wheels on it.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-17-2009, 09:14 PM   #22
theDuke
Founding Member

Default MG USA Site

Looks like Moto Guzzi's U.S. site hasn't been updated in about 18 months... doesn't even show the regular V7 Classic (which has been available for months) much less this Cafe Classic. Love their long-term commitment to this market.
theDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 02:26 PM   #23
anrajala
Founding Member

Default MGs good looking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
I know everybody get's their panties in a twist over Ducati, but MG has been knocking them out of the ballpark for the last ten years at least. They have the most beautiful line up of bikes on the planet right now
As a matter of fact the most beautiful bike on the planet is Ducati Sport 1000 S.

Its her ugly sister GT 1000 that competes in the same class with MGs as far as the looks are concerned. They are biking world's Roseanne Barrs doing mudwrestling.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 02:42 PM   #24
anrajala
Founding Member

Default Gigantic impact of Moto Guzzis in the early 70s

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscuddy View Post
"You need to be a historian to fully understand all of Moto Guzzi’s past glories. Moto Guzzi’s V7 Sport made a big impact in the early 1970s and could claim to be the first mass produced motorcycle to reach 200km/h (124 mph)."

I wouldn't tell that to any 1970 H1 500 Kawasaki rider (who isn't planted that is).

Nothing like 68 horsepower in a bicycle-like frame to make mucho top-endo.
Amen to that. Also for me as I am fixing my old H2 its kinda difficult to remember the tremendous impact the 40 hp V7 Sport made in the early 1970s.

If my memory serves me right CB 750 came to Finland -69 and did 2 mark. It wouldn't be too far fetched to claim it was mass produced.

-cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 06:21 AM   #25
bmwclay
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHMac96 View Post
Is this bike coming to the U.S.?!?!?! What a great looking classy solid looking bike! Please please let me know and I hope the answer is yes..and soon!
Two different dealers have mentioned that the cafe is not an actual model. It is a kit of parts that the dealer adds to the V7 Classic standard model.
bmwclay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 07:03 AM   #26
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrajala View Post
As a matter of fact the most beautiful bike on the planet is Ducati Sport 1000 S.

Its her ugly sister GT 1000 that competes in the same class with MGs as far as the looks are concerned. They are biking world's Roseanne Barrs doing mudwrestling.

- cruiz-euro

I'm sorry but you appear to have gone blind as well as insane. Any Moto Guzzi put's Ducati to shame in the looks dept. granted performance wise Ducati has the edge but with the possible exception of the ST2 they are uniformly dull and miss-proportioned. MotoGuzzi on the other hand from the drop dead gorgeous Copa Italia to the Stelvio and Norge` are some of the most beautiful works of art ever to roll on two wheels. I'd have a garage full if I could but I'm simply not worthy and must content myself with buying a new Harley every few years...

YouTube - Stelvio Motoguzzi

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 02:04 PM   #27
Neal
Founding Member

Two comments.....suggested US MSRP? And where the hell's the side view picture so we can admire the good looks the author is gushing over? Other than that, good article. Ive been considering adding a "backroads cruiser" to the garage once i finish culling my vintage junk bike "collection". This bike joins the XR1200 and the Triumph scrambler and supplants the Classic V7 on my short list.
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:16 AM   #28
pplassm
Founding Member

I say again. This bike is not on the Moto Guzzi US website. It's not for sale here.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:59 PM   #29
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

MG's PR rep just got back to me to say there are no plans to import this model for '09. We may see it announced later in the year as a 2010 model, but that's my guess and nothing official.
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:56 AM   #30
User Name
Registered Member

"oriented" not "orientated." ...LOL How about those "helicoidal" primary gears :P
User Name is offline   Reply With Quote