Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   BEWARE! Faded mtr manual (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/11591-beware-faded-mtr-manual.html)

bbloise 04-15-2009 11:19 PM

BEWARE! Faded mtr manual

Friends,
I ordered a manual for my 2002 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100 from ManualesDeMotos.Net and I received a very faded copy of a copy of the manual. I can't read most of the manual. I have placed an example of one of the pages online for all to see. You can see it at this address: Motorcycle Manual

After they ignored my many requests for a clean copy of the manual, I finally complained to PayPal. PayPal stated that they don't protect the purchase when the item is not what was expected. ????

I need to contact Honda to find out if this company really is an authorized dealer to sell their manuals. I don't believe that Honda would ever sell someone a manual that looks like that.
Bob

seruzawa 04-16-2009 05:58 AM

You probably got an illegally copied manual in violation of copyright laws. The Spanish company name indicates that the seller is in a country that has no reciprocal copyright agreement with other countries. In other words there's likely nothing that anyone can do about it.

Chalk it up as a lesson learned. Next time just get a manual from Amazon or a dealer or anyone that sells actual real manuals legally.

Buzglyd 04-16-2009 07:09 AM

You buy something from an ebayer in a 3rd world country on the cheap and now you're pi$$ed that it's crap?

MOKE1K 04-16-2009 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 210602)
You buy something from an ebayer in a 3rd world country on the cheap and now you're pi$$ed that it's crap?

Yeah right!

longride 04-16-2009 07:32 AM

Get one from a Honda dealer next time. I can assure you it won't be faded.

seruzawa 04-16-2009 08:21 AM

Actually I'm amazed at how many people we get who try to cheap out on manuals. I can see it if the old manuals are out of print. But, seriously a mere $30 for a Clymer Manual is a cheap investment. Haynes on the other hand......

MOKE1K 04-16-2009 08:26 AM

Too many cheapies!

fire.storm13 04-16-2009 01:16 PM

Well at least he went through Paypal instead of giving his personal information for the purchase. They could have partying with his credit card right now.

Kenneth_Moore 04-16-2009 07:52 PM

I bought a Haynes manual for my R5B direct from Haynes. It's printed on parchment, yellowed old crap that looks older than the bike. The drawings suck, the photos are blurred, you can't make out any details. Thirty f'ing bucks for this comic book.

pplassm 04-17-2009 06:58 AM

Thirty years ago, I bought a large Clymer manual. It had every manual they printed at the time in it. Harleys, Nortons, Bultacos, Motesssas, and all those old Japanese rotary valve two-strokes. Lots of wiring diagrams, parts breakdowns, just wonderful stuff.

I paid dearly for it back then. It has proved invaluable since. It occupies a place of pride on my garage bookshelf, in all its grease stained, dog-eared glory.