Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2009 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700/LT Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/11422-2009-kawasaki-vulcan-1700-lt-review.html)

Kevin_Duke 04-14-2009 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 210304)
No, actually I agree with Lala on this one. Have a big multi-cruiser shootout. Real performance measures instead of just comparison opinions.

Can we come over to your private racetrack so we can gather acceleration numbers? It would also be helpful if we could use your dyno... ;)

seruzawa 04-14-2009 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke (Post 210314)
Can we come over to your private racetrack so we can gather acceleration numbers? It would also be helpful if we could use your dyno... ;)

I got a straight stretch of road and a stop watch. I can also use a calculator.

MO used to have a Dyno. Wha' happen'?

The_AirHawk 04-14-2009 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 210318)

Gabezilla trashed it usin' it for a Treadmill................

(I blame Cappucino's and Singlemalt for the damage)

SmokeU 04-14-2009 09:52 AM

I'll help test them at Brainerd MN's track.8)

I'll even bring the Concours for a good thrashing.

Buzglyd 04-14-2009 09:54 AM

Quote:

We turned it upside down and Duke rides it to work now.

Kevin_Duke 04-14-2009 10:19 AM

Quote:

MO's old owner wanted more for the dyno than Vericalscope was willing to pay...

Kevin_Duke 04-14-2009 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 210326)
We turned it upside down and Duke rides it to work now.

It's very stable but not very maneuverable!

anrajala 04-15-2009 12:48 PM

Easy

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke (Post 210314)

You don't need any private racetrack: elimination. You need only a bit of straight road & two bikes at a time. Only hard part is the start i.e. some poor hot chica in the middle frantically waving her only pair of knickers.

- cruiz-euro

efrainv 04-14-2010 12:40 PM

Kawaski 1700 Vulcan

The review article was quite comprehensive and it points out a lot of the positive aspects of the bike. However there is a failure to mention the negative aspects. For example, I just purchased a 1700 and I'm not satisfied about the extreme howling and wrenching noise, especially around the 30 mph range, and also at about 18 mph and continuing through 50 mph.

I have owned a number of bikes, and find the sound of this bike to be extremely annoying. I do not feel that long trips will be enjoyable on this bike due to the extreme noise produced by the bike.

I have tried working with Kawasaki and my local dealer and the only response I receive is that the sound is " normal motorcycle noise." I'm sorry but my experiece tells me something different.

I cannot recommend the bike.

Kevin_Duke 04-14-2010 01:07 PM

What exactly does a "wrenching" noise sound like? We've ridden several V17s and haven't noticed a noise problem.