Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 04-07-2009, 06:43 PM   #11
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Hey great write up, how many times have you been to Misano? Thats got to be really exciting no matter how many times its been for you.

I dont think the V90 had a slipper clutch, cant remember? Is the slipper clutch adjustable on this bike? Also you stated that its very strong from 10-12.5 does it give alot of wheel spin through that rpm range?

And finally did they let you ride in any mode you wanted, or where you just braking the rules?

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-08-2009, 12:07 AM   #12
mikeeovitch
Founding Member

Default 2009 Aprilia RSV4 Factory Review

I've been following news on this bike since the rumors started years ago. It's great that they've made an outstanding product, looking forward to the day I get to ride one. I've also been following the Honda V-4/V-5 road bike rumors that turned out to be nothing, too bad.

I'm surprise that the specs weren't included in the review, atleast they used to do that. I'm wondering what the wheelbase and weight is compared to the Ducati 1098R.

Go Aprilia.
mikeeovitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 12:52 AM   #13
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeeovitch View Post
I'm surprise that the specs weren't included in the review, atleast they used to do that. I'm wondering what the wheelbase and weight is compared to the Ducati 1098R.
Tor, the article's author, isn't a MO staffer, so he doesn't necessarily include all the info our crack staff usually does.

The RSV4 (with its 55.9-inch wheelbase) is said to weigh 396 lbs dry; the 1198S is claimed to weigh 373 lbs dry. Actual measured wet weights might be closer. Can't wait to ride it myself!
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 10:43 AM   #14
FearlesRider
Banned

Default V-4 advantages

Nice write up and pictures. Aprilia has a very good dealer in Seattle and a strong following here. Since the V-4 is the favored engine configuration in MotoGP I predicted that the V-4 would dominate new designs for production sportbikes. I still predict that Honda will produce a new 800 V4 Interceptor i.e. a true sport bike. I had expected 90 degrees to become the optimal angle. Surprised about the angle of 65 degrees but from a packaging perspective it works better.

Last edited by FearlesRider : 04-08-2009 at 10:56 AM.
FearlesRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 11:57 AM   #15
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

And here you told us all you wouldn't be back. The truth seems to elude you very consistently.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:11 PM   #16
FearlesRider
Banned

Moderator error banned my Premium membership. i.e.please read seruzawa's note. I am here to read and comment on the excellent motorcycle articles written by MO's talented staff.
FearlesRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 12:26 PM   #17
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Too bad you didn't read enough of this article to know that it wasn't written by any of the staff of MO.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:36 PM   #18
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
Too bad you didn't read enough of this article to know that it wasn't written by any of the staff of MO.
I didn't ban his premium membership. The lies just keep coming non-stop.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:47 PM   #19
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Oddly enough there's a guy that rides an almost pristine early 80's 750 Interceptor by the main Facilities shop here. to look at that tiny sleek red white and blue beauty then to look at the bloated pig it has become really brings a tear to your eye. When I had my GPZ750 in '83 the Interceptor was the one to beat, then Suzuki came out with the GSXR and put them both in the dust, Kawasaki brought out the Ninja, Yamaha coughed up the FZR and the 80's Sportbike race was on LOL..

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 02:31 PM   #20
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
Oddly enough there's a guy that rides an almost pristine early 80's 750 Interceptor by the main Facilities shop here. to look at that tiny sleek red white and blue beauty then to look at the bloated pig it has become really brings a tear to your eye.
Snap a photo or two.