Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   Interesting Poll (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/11332-interesting-poll.html)

MOKE1K 04-03-2009 07:23 AM

Interesting Poll

SouperPoll :: The Passion of the Buell
Buell Motor said today via press release that their 1125R is not the beneficiary of biased rules that "message boards and enthusiast websites" have inferred it to be.

What is your opinion of the Buell situation?

Buell is correct. DMG has devised a set of rules which "allow fair competition among many more brands". Press criticism of the rules or inferring that the rules were created so a Buell could win are a travesty. You should resign from the Fourth Estate.

462 votes (11.3%)

DMG devised a set of rules where Buell's twin is allowed in Daytona SportBike but Ducati's similar spec twin is not. With a displacement and horsepower advantage written right into the rules, Buell is now beating the choked-off Japanese 600s, nothing more. Also, Mr. Buell, it might be less hollow for you to spout off about what constitutes the "American way" if the engine in the Buell 1125R wasn't made in Austria.

3610 votes (88.7%)

Vote total: 4072

RedRaider 04-03-2009 07:33 AM

Good to know that 88.7 % of folks can see through the Buell, i mean bull. :) .

RedRaider 04-03-2009 08:49 AM

But they say any publicity is good publicity. So maybe Buell doesn't care what the serious racing fan thinks. To the casual observer it may seem monumental that any American-Austrian motorcycle can beat a Japanese bike of any type or size.

ZRIDER 04-03-2009 01:48 PM

New to the forum. Hello everybody. Now why does everbody seem to have this issue with Buell? There is only one bike that is really being competitive, that is Eslicks bike. Do you here anybody whinning about Suzuki winning all the 1000 races? No you don't! Kinda of a double standard if you ask me.

The_AirHawk 04-03-2009 02:01 PM

The only Pole I'm interested in has a Stripper wrapped-around it while I'm seated on Pervert Row(TM).

RedRaider 04-03-2009 02:15 PM

U R So Funny

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZRIDER (Post 209317)
New to the forum. Hello everybody. Now why does everbody seem to have this issue with Buell? There is only one bike that is really being competitive, that is Eslicks bike. Do you here anybody whinning about Suzuki winning all the 1000 races? No you don't! Kinda of a double standard if you ask me.

Funny is that you Erik? . Ok lets even things up shall we. Lets add the Ducati 1098 to the Dayatona Sporbike Series . Think the Buell would win? Next let's add the GSXR 750 with Tommy Hayden riding it. Heck lets go get a 636 with Jamie Hacking riding it
And then lets go EBoz's old ZX-7R . Heck Lets let Nicky's old RC51 and then let Zemke ride it. Get the point. i.e. There is no replacement for displacement.

ZRIDER 04-03-2009 02:37 PM

How about one motor any frame and lets go racing. Thats what everybody wants isn't it? Spec racing. Get real.

RedRaider 04-03-2009 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZRIDER (Post 209327)
How about one motor any frame and lets go racing. Thats what everybody wants isn't it? Spec racing. Get real.

Remember when Suzuki was and is still wining it is going against other 1000 cc inline 4s and 1098 V-Twins. Suzuki wasn't racing with an almost double displacement advantage like Buell is.