Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 04-03-2009, 02:54 PM   #21
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12er View Post
If the mini S had AWD I would of bought one, my hugeness fits nicely in that little thing. That and the first gen with the blower could easily be modified with larger cogs, dont know about the new turbo plant though...
I would pay $10 to see that.

I can imagine it being like that old Warner Bros cartoon with Daffy and Porky traveling across the country, Daffy forcing Porky to overtake-aggressively this tiny car and then roadrage the driver and bump him, and when he finally stops to get out it's this huge Monstrosity that gets out of the car............

Yep, $10. Worth it Easily.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-03-2009, 03:30 PM   #22
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

I used to work with a guy that was at least 6'5 and a good 300lbs, he drove a Fiat X1/9 for awhile. He looked like a black Herman Munster in a bumper car, it was funny as hell to see this little Italian sports car pull up and this guy built like a brick-sh*t-house unwind himself from it.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 05:45 PM   #23
euro_biker
Registered Member

I was really looking forward to this review for quite some time now. Thanks! Great review...

I absolutely love that kind of bike. And i'm in my early 20's, so go figure

But it's just a quintessential piece of motorbike machinery. A solid, simple engine, a simple frame, to wheels and some handlebars. And that's what gives this bike character and that's why i love it.

And also because it mimics the '60/'70 bonneville perfectly with none of the drawbacks. Needless to say i'm not a crotch rocket man. Euro style, that's how i like them. Naked, upright and nimble.

Who cares they're not carburated. EFI is much better. All the electrics work fine, etc...

Giving the bikes alloy wheels makes them even more perfect for me. It's a good design, and they fit this bike well. It makes for a perfect blend of '60s style and a bit of '70s flair and 2009 technology. Also easier to clean and more solid.

This is heritage done right. I'm surprised to see how the mini gets dissed as a 'homage' car. You can't make it as small as it used to be. Most people are taller now, and safety is important. And the 200hp model is plenty fast. Weight is also on par with the rest of its class.

--------------------
Now, the only problem is, i'm 6'4"... Is it worth to check out a dealer? Or should i shy away from the inevitable dissappointment and grief Not a lot of Triumph dealers around either, so if it's a waste of my time...

Last edited by euro_biker : 04-03-2009 at 06:05 PM.
euro_biker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 05:52 PM   #24
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscuddy View Post
Ok, but when a company designs a "retro" version of something it once made, try to get it right, or don't do it at all. New GTO vs. New Mustang. New Bonnie vs. New Kawasaki W650. New Mini vs. Old Mini. I mean Creeist, for those of us with whitworth wrenches still in our toolboxes, this new stuff is luke warm. Mini included.
I guess this means you don't get a ride with the top down on A1A when you visit. Nyah nyah nyah.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:54 PM   #25
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12er View Post
If the mini S had AWD I would of bought one, my hugeness fits nicely in that little thing. That and the first gen with the blower could easily be modified with larger cogs, dont know about the new turbo plant though...
There's a John Cooper Works series out now that has "Dail a Boost." You can plug in the laptop and crank it up till it genades. Do Whitworth wrenches have USB adaptors?
Old 04-03-2009, 07:33 PM   #26
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

"Do Whitworth wrenches have USB adaptors?"

Sure they do, right next to the plutonium pellet door.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:30 PM   #27
newagetwotone
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
I used to work with a guy that was at least 6'5 and a good 300lbs, he drove a Fiat X1/9 for awhile. He looked like a black Herman Munster in a bumper car, it was funny as hell to see this little Italian sports car pull up and this guy built like a brick-sh*t-house unwind himself from it.
My uncle is 6'8 300lbs or so and owned a toy corolla for YEARS... funny as hell really.
newagetwotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 08:36 PM   #28
newagetwotone
Registered Member

Hm.... I'd like to see the Bonnie black with the scramblers high pipes with all the heat guards painted black.
newagetwotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 03:27 PM   #29
Duken4evr
Founding Member

A friend of mine has one of these. Nice bike. It feels like a bicycle after stepping off my "modern" sporting bike.

My buddy wants to put pipes on his. He has an older one with carbs. I assume a Dynojet kit is in order. Too bad he does not have the new model. Add a PCIII, download a map and done. It has been awhile since I fooled with drilling CV carb slides, swapping needles, etc. Hooking up a USB cable and a few keystrokes, mouse clicks is a bit easier
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:58 PM   #30
JDubya
Registered Member

Talking 2009 Bonnie Black

I've put about 3K on my Bonneville Black since last October and have loved riding it. Mine was made in August of 2008 so it looks like a T100 but with black engine cases and EFI. In other words, it has spoked rims, and peashooter mufflers. My dealers said it was the first EFI bonnie he sold and that he hasn't seen another like it. Anyone else have or know of someone who has this rare factory combo or is it just a slip up that occurred during a model year change?
Anyway, I've installed the centerstand, leather saddlebags, high sissybar, and a Parabellum windscreen. This has made for a nice touring style bike that always draws attention whenever I park it. If you want a bike that can putt at 45 or run down the interstate at 95 all day long, with no vibrations then a new Bonneville will do you right, oh and you won't see one parked at every hang out like with some of the HD models.
JDubya is offline   Reply With Quote