Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   The Truth about Drinking and Riding (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/11317-truth-about-drinking-riding.html)

rshondo 05-23-2009 04:45 AM

Is this an American problem, or is drinking and riding prevalent all around the world?

osun061 05-23-2009 08:29 AM

I'd put my money on worldwide , although we may well be the leaders.

V2Rider 05-23-2009 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12er (Post 209298)
I could of turned pro when I was younger on drinking and driving.

I was the same way when I was younger, ten feet tall, bullet proof and good looking. I used to ride an Excess 1100 like my hair was on fire and my ass was catching. Bad combo, idiot drunk (drunk idiot), speed and a suspension that wallowed in the turns like cooked spaghetti. Scared myself and went HD figuring the different riding style would help. But no, stupidity knows no brand. I ended up riding with a club for a few years with the requisite heavy partying. Now there was a sight, 20 drunks screaming through the night. Boozed it up until my son was born. That sobered me up right quick. Now two beers are my limit as well. I get nailed for a DUI and not only do I lose my license but my job as well and would have to start looking for a new profession.

V2Rider 05-23-2009 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rshondo (Post 214381)
Is this an American problem, or is drinking and riding prevalent all around the world?

The german bikers I knew partied like madmen. I've been to four Superrallys in Europe and the Europeans definately party hard.

seruzawa 05-23-2009 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rshondo (Post 214381)

I'd say that just plain drinking is prevalent everywhere. In Japan they have booze vending machines on the streets.

The_AirHawk 05-23-2009 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 214403)
I'd say that just plain drinking is prevalent everywhere. In Japan they have booze vending machines on the streets.

Ach! And don't even get me STARTED on those Crazy Drunken Muslims!

mugwump58 05-23-2009 09:57 PM

I learned the hard way. But I'm one lucky mother****er.

Vonov 05-25-2009 10:48 PM

Wow...next they'll want to outlaw sex while riding.

All kidding aside, these days I seriously wonder how the hell I lived to be this old, when I think back on my party days. I'd be lying through my teeth if I said there wasn't a time I got on a bike when I had NO business on one...(yeah, I know, some people have no business on a bike anyway, lol)

Auphliam 05-27-2009 05:52 AM

Good article. It's good to keep this issue on everybody's mind.

longride 05-27-2009 06:13 AM

I usually check out this article when I am having a few beers before going for a ride.