Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 04-02-2009, 12:12 PM   #11
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleripple View Post

Frankly, I'd be more worried about wadding up my bike than hurting myself. Drunks bounce like rubber chickens.

No sh*t, that always worried me more than anything else. I surpassed the "87 times before getting caught" criteria by a few thousand times I'm afraid, nowadays I limit myself to two beers if I'm riding and we stop for a bite. I find it helpful if you have a slow bike too, less incentive to get stupid.....

There was this one time though at an ABATE run on my Shovel that I blew the doors off everyone from the new fangled Evo's to built Sporties and Bonnevilles. A combination of being ripped out of my tree, Branch heads, a J grind and airplane gears had us disapearing over the horizon while the rest of them wank stains were trying to find the throttle......LOL.....(ahemm)

...And I want you young folks to bear that in mind as the kind of foolishness that will put you in a wooden overcoat and avoid it at all costs...wear your gear and ride sober, you'll live longer that way.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-02-2009, 12:40 PM   #12
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
...And I want you young folks to bear that in mind as the kind of foolishness that will put you in a wooden overcoat and avoid it at all costs...wear your gear and ride sober, you'll live longer that way.
Sort of like the message on "Superbikes" where they post the message:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DO THIS STUFF THAT THESE INCREDIBLY WELL-PAID CELBRITIES ARE DOING IN FRONT OF THOUSANDS OF SCREAMING FANS!!

Oh, ok.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:53 PM   #13
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

I dunno' Ken, I think about stuff I did in my 20's and wonder how any of us survived. Young people are probably smarter these days for the most part. Fast as modern bikes are I sure hope so, you don't get too many chances at a buck fiddy...

Old 04-03-2009, 05:30 AM   #14
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
I dunno' Ken, I think about stuff I did in my 20's and wonder how any of us survived. Young people are probably smarter these days for the most part. Fast as modern bikes are I sure hope so, you don't get too many chances at a buck fiddy...
No doubt you are correct, as far as I can tell every older generation is convinced that the generation they're raising is doomed, yet overall, the world becomes a better place in the long run.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:34 AM   #15
seruzawa
The Toad

I admire these do-gooders and their anti-alcohol campaigns. It shows real sticktoittiveness. Because the drinkers AREN'T LISTENING. Never have. Never will. The campaings have had no measurable success.

These do -gooders should shift to an easier goal, like converting all the Muslims to Christianity or teaching a horse to sing.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:27 AM   #16
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
I admire these do-gooders and their anti-alcohol campaigns. It shows real sticktoittiveness. Because the drinkers AREN'T LISTENING. Never have. Never will. The campaings have had no measurable success.

These do -gooders should shift to an easier goal, like converting all the Muslims to Christianity or teaching a horse to sing.

Pretty much. you quit because you finally grow some brains, not because someone tells you to.

YouTube - Merle Haggard & Willie Nelson - Reasons to Quit

Old 04-03-2009, 10:28 AM   #17
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Pretty much. you quit because you finally grow some brains, not because someone tells you to.

YouTube - Merle Haggard & Willie Nelson - Reasons to Quit
My Dad used to say: "I can quit smoking any time I want to. Hell, I've done it 12 times already."
Old 04-03-2009, 12:04 PM   #18
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Well I made it through a lot of years of being zizzed all the time, on or off a bike, a functioning alcoholic. Wake up and put a couple shots of Jack in the coffee, 15 beers before lunch, etc. In fact when I went on the 1000cc shootout back in '04 when Sean was around, I was gassed then too (blew everybody into the weeds on that old Bandit though).

Yes, booze and weed were my two best buddies. But I was stone sober when I got nailed, if that means anything. Had I been loaded, I most likely would have wheelied around the a hole whilst flipping him the bird (my standard riding scenario).

Ah but now in my diminished state, one beer and I'm Zizzed. Keeps the fridge full.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:26 PM   #19
12er
Founding Member

I could of turned pro when I was younger on drinking and driving, but I wont even touch a beer while on two wheels now. My bike is my best sobriety tool ever.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 04:32 PM   #20
petes
Registered Member

"According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), motorcyclists involved in fatal crashes are 2.5 times more likely to have consumed alcohol than passenger vehicle drivers."

Surely that would wipe out all motorcyclists.
petes is offline   Reply With Quote