Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 03-31-2009, 03:21 PM   #21
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Anyone got a spare can of flat black paint? We can help out those unfortunate people who can't afford those Harley black models. How about a V-Strom Black for Ken? A BMW Black for 12er? Two Black Race Replicas for Moke. The opportunities to do good are endless.
And we all know - Doin' Good ain't got no End..........
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-31-2009, 04:41 PM   #22
fonzie
Contributing Staff

Default Hmmm...

Quote:
Anyone got a spare can of flat black paint? We can help out those unfortunate people who can't afford those Harley black models. How about a V-Strom Black for Ken? A BMW Black for 12er? Two Black Race Replicas for Moke. The opportunities to do good are endless.

Perhaps the motor company knows what it's doing after all.

If you guys wanna black out the rides you already have, whats the difference between you and them? I smell a trend here. They lead and you follow perhaps? And back again.

Next time suggest flat orange spray paint to be "different"!
Old 03-31-2009, 04:51 PM   #23
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
I'm saving that for the R5B. I'm going to call it "Negro Custom" and put "Kill Whitey!" stickers on the tank and fenders.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:16 PM   #24
nferr
Founding Member

Yawn......
nferr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 08:05 AM   #25
schizuki
Founding Member

Black is the new chrome. Keep up, ya rubes.

Meh. I like it. It's a good-looking, inexpensive bike for the young H-D aspirationals. I'd prefer a 1200 Roadster myself, but that's not an option after Harley's absurd decision to replace it with the XR1200 (the latest bike for the "If they build it, I'll buy it!!!" folks that never seem to actually cut a check.)

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 08:11 AM   #26
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"I'd prefer a 1200 Roadster myself, but that's not an option after Harley's absurd decision to replace it with the XR1200 (the latest bike for the "If they build it, I'll buy it!!!" folks that never seem to actually cut a check.)"

Harley dropped the Roadster because if people actually saw what they got for the extra cash the XR1200 costs, they might not even sell unit one.
Old 04-12-2009, 12:41 PM   #27
Duken4evr
Founding Member

A very long time ago, my very much drunk at the time buddy tried to ride his '79 Sportster (a real "iron" Sportster by the way) up a flight of stairs. He actually made it about halfway up, then gravity and inevitability took hold. Down he came in a cloud of tire smoke.

These smaller Harleys may not seem that heavy due to their low CG, but they are. I found this out, as I tried to "assist" him. Natually I had a few in me at the time as well.

The total damage was a bent rear fender and destroyed tail light. Not bad considering the magnitude of the stupidity involved.

The bike got a complete makeover after that and wound up being pretty cool. A pair of modified to fit VW pistons lowered the compession some, and it ran much better that way. Seems the old iron engine ran very hot.

That and one day I came by his house and smelled toxic waste burning in the kitchen. My buddy was baking on some black crinkle finish on his top end.

He sold the bike, in the end, to a USC student, who called a few weeks later to thank him - seems the kid was getting lots of collegiate girlie action on his tough blacked out stripped down little Sporty!

Well there it is. My one and only Sportster story. The bike truly was an AMF era POS, but we had plenty of fun with it.
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 06:38 PM   #28
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duken4evr View Post
A very long time ago, my very much drunk at the time buddy tried to ride his '79 Sportster (a real "iron" Sportster by the way) up a flight of stairs. He actually made it about halfway up, then gravity and inevitability took hold. Down he came in a cloud of tire smoke.

These smaller Harleys may not seem that heavy due to their low CG, but they are. I found this out, as I tried to "assist" him. Natually I had a few in me at the time as well.

The total damage was a bent rear fender and destroyed tail light. Not bad considering the magnitude of the stupidity involved.

The bike got a complete makeover after that and wound up being pretty cool. A pair of modified to fit VW pistons lowered the compession some, and it ran much better that way. Seems the old iron engine ran very hot.

That and one day I came by his house and smelled toxic waste burning in the kitchen. My buddy was baking on some black crinkle finish on his top end.

He sold the bike, in the end, to a USC student, who called a few weeks later to thank him - seems the kid was getting lots of collegiate girlie action on his tough blacked out stripped down little Sporty!

Well there it is. My one and only Sportster story. The bike truly was an AMF era POS, but we had plenty of fun with it.

There you have it - Doin' Good ain't got no End..........
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 07:42 AM   #29
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Well I love Iron heads, we used to say "Harley's are my life, Sportsters I do for Fun" I had a '78 XLH with prog. suspension, an 18 in rear wheel-19 in front combo with Continental's (The performance tire at the time) and flat track bars. A buddy of mine built and raced Sporty drag bikes so we cam'd it added an adjustable mainjet bendix and drag pipes. That bike ran like sh*t through a goose and sounded like a Wright Cyclone, I swear I had more fun on that bike than any I've owned before or since.

That's the one bike I owned I wish I had back, it was black with gold pinstripe and AMF Harley-Davidson on the tank, like a dumbsh*t I traded a buddy for a '75 XLCH because he had a bum knee and couldn't kick it anymore but it wasn't the same. The '78 was just one of those perfect bikes that only come around once or twice.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:27 AM   #30
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Ironheads are some of the coolest bikes ever made. I had a couple of them over the years, and I just picked up a 72 dirt cheap that will be my rat bike project. Should be fun!