Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 03-27-2009, 09:28 AM   #1
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Default Speaking of sweet spots.......

It appears the 96inch 'Lectra-glides is 3k rpm in 6th gear @ about 80 mph with an ambient temp of around 44 degrees. That's what it was last night and everything just fell into place: bike purring like a kitten, good airflow over the fairing and windshield, almost total lack of wind noise, suspension just floating along, snug as a bug in my trusty 'stitch, cagers actually pulling right and getting out of my way...I think the hi-beam helped there but whatever... just a totally relaxed ride... sublime even. It occured to me for some reason that all my riding gear is U.S. made except my helmet, probably should have been listening to Lee Greenwood or Merle Haggard or something...

I didn't want to go home but I had to get up @ o-dark thirty to come back to work. Just one of those rides..

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-27-2009, 10:18 AM   #2
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
It appears the 96inch 'Lectra-glides is 3k rpm in 6th gear @ about 80 mph with an ambient temp of around 44 degrees. That's what it was last night and everything just fell into place: bike purring like a kitten, good airflow over the fairing and windshield, almost total lack of wind noise, suspension just floating along, snug as a bug in my trusty 'stitch, cagers actually pulling right and getting out of my way...I think the hi-beam helped there but whatever... just a totally relaxed ride... sublime even. It occured to me for some reason that all my riding gear is U.S. made except my helmet, probably should have been listening to Lee Greenwood or Merle Haggard or something...

I didn't want to go home but I had to get up @ o-dark thirty to come back to work. Just one of those rides..
Don't you just love it when everything feels "right"?

For a sublime ride, might I suggest: Sublime What I Got - MTV/Clean Version Music Video on Yahoo! Music?
Old 03-27-2009, 10:36 AM   #3
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
Don't you just love it when everything feels "right"?

For a sublime ride, might I suggest: Sublime What I Got - MTV/Clean Version Music Video on Yahoo! Music?
Yeah, I like Sublime...40oz's to Freedom is a killer CD to cruise to

YouTube - Sublime Badfish

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...

Last edited by sarnali2 : 03-27-2009 at 10:43 AM.
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 12:15 PM   #4
12er
Founding Member

While not a rap fan Ive found that NWA's Straight outta Compton causes my throttle to hit the stop. Must be all the contained anger being released...
12er is offline   Reply With Quote