Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2009 Suzuki Gladius Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/11241-2009-suzuki-gladius-review.html)

BrowningBAR 03-27-2009 11:54 AM

Whoever came up with the name and the two-tone color scheme should no longer be employed.

In a single color scheme it is a nice looking ride.

Unfortunately, the name can not be fixed as easily.

Dr_Sprocket 03-27-2009 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrowningBAR (Post 208586)
Whoever came up with the name and the two-tone color scheme should no longer be employed.

In a single color scheme it is a nice looking ride.

Unfortunately, the name can not be fixed as easily.

Perhaps it should be called "Zorro: The Gay Blade" 'cause that's what I think everytime I see it.

sarnali2 03-27-2009 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket (Post 208588)
Perhaps it should be called "Zorro: The Gay Blade" 'cause that's what I think everytime I see it.

I believe that would make it Rapier going with Suzuki's sword fetish...

BrowningBAR 03-27-2009 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket (Post 208588)

Say something like a sissy boy!

Dr_Sprocket 03-27-2009 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrowningBAR (Post 208595)
Say something like a sissy boy!

Funny!! :) :) :)

RedRaider 03-27-2009 12:56 PM

It looks better in black

Agree about the two-tone. Looks better in black. Hey Zoro is one my favorite action hero. I hate that Gay Blade movie

giganto 03-27-2009 04:13 PM

Get on your Glad and..Unleash Heck!
Like it- but post 03 still good enough for me.
And it would look better all in black, less all melting ice-cream-cute.
Nice review- im sure the styling will be the hit Suz expects, tho.

acecycleins 03-28-2009 08:08 AM

Hey Kev- Has anyone whispered sweet supermoto nothings into Zook's ear? Seems like the new frame would make a great platform for competition to the new Aprilia and the Hyper. All for under $8k.

Kenneth_Moore 03-28-2009 08:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by pushrod (Post 208517)
Looks like another hit for Suzuki!

I'll withhold judgement on its looks until I see one in person.

They look great in person. Suzook had a bunch of them at Daytona, and I loved them in spite of the idiotic name. Here's a customized one they had on display. Not sure about the tank, but the rest of it came out looking good.

Got to wonder, if the engine in the DL650 and DL1000 are virtually identical in dimensions, how hard could it be for Suzuki to come out with a Glad%#$ 1000? I guess they won't, given the US buyers have no interest in anything but sport bikes and cruisers.

Kenneth_Moore 03-28-2009 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acecycleins (Post 208658)
Hey Kev- Has anyone whispered sweet supermoto nothings into Zook's ear? Seems like the new frame would make a great platform for competition to the new Aprilia and the Hyper. All for under $8k.

Stuff the 1000 engine in it, and you'd be rockin!