Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2009 BMW K1300GT Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/11197-2009-bmw-k1300gt-review.html)

sarnali2 03-27-2009 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeU (Post 208569)
Most of the Russian rifles were of late 1800's design, like the Mosin-Nagant M91-30. The '91' was for 1891. My M-44 is a slightly modified and shorter M91-30 and it still works great and is pretty accurate and highly powerful with that 7.62x54R.


Old rifles are a kick in the butt! I love shooting my 1918 vintage MK3 Lee-Enfield in .303 British. It's still accurate out to about 5 miles I swear.

SmokeU 03-27-2009 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 208572)
Old rifles are a kick in the butt! I love shooting my 1918 vintage MK3 Lee-Enfield in .303 British. It's still accurate out to about 5 miles I swear.

There's something about that old dog that I like. Aside from my muzzle loader it's the loudest gun I have. It seems to shoot straighter with the bayonet flipped out too.

anrajala 03-27-2009 12:21 PM

Gringos beat the nazis
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 208538)
I guess it was my imagination that I spoke with a woman who was in the Hitler Youth and told me that the Germans knew they would lose the war when America got in. I wonder why that was? Too bad all you Yurup dopes have left is skewed memories and bankrupt courage. You couldn't even take care of a two-bit dictator in Yugoslavia. You came running to us. Scared of big bad Serbia! What a joke! Heroic gringos to the rescue again.

Your dear lady friend must have been particularly thick. All the other Germans realized they are going to lose the war when the the eastern front had collapsed umpteenth time and moved 1000 miles towards Berlin.

What you don't understand longride is that the war started already in 1939. The main action was there before you finally moved your asses there in August 44, nine months before the end. Germans had already lost. They had lost the Luftwaffe, they had lost their panzers, they had lost their artillery, they had buried 3 million men on the Russian steppe.

All this happened whilst you were bonking english girls and bombing German civilians (God knows which ones had it worse).

Then you come and kill 3,000 Germans on the beach and hey, you have saved Europe from nazi tyranny. Brilliant.

- cruiz-euro

anrajala 03-27-2009 12:38 PM

Imagine the quality of a socialist Citroen passenger car
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 208551)
It's true that having the Allies in Western Europe prevented Stalin from pushing all the way to the English Channel and the combined RAF night raids and 8thAAF daylight raids tied up resources, but like it or not it was the Soviet Union that bore the brunt of defeating the Nazis with Stalingrad alone costing over 2 million lives in 8 months of fighting.

This is absolutely true Sarnali. Normandy invasion probably saved continental western Europe from communism. Hard to say how far would they have pushed but 100% sure all of Germany and Austria, very probably Holland and Belgium and at least the occupied part of France would have had a good chance of getting their share of Lenin monuments.

So, without Normandy invasion we would certainly not debate BMW K1300GT:s relative benefits as we do now.

- cruiz-euro

sarnali2 03-27-2009 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anrajala (Post 208615)
.

So, without Normandy invasion we would certainly not debate BMW K1300GT:s relative benefits as we do now.

- cruiz-euro

We could discuss the relitive merits of the Ural Patrol VS> the staid and somewhat long in the tooth Trabant, perhaps the ever faithful Skoda, unchanged for 30 years without VW's intervention.

Jokes aside it's hard to imagine a Soviet Europe, no French cheese, or plonk, no Italian Machine Tools, nosh, wine, espresso or fast cars and bikes, no Jeeman bikes, cars or even Sham WOW's.. no IKEA to keep our wimmin occupied for hours upon hours spending our money.. no Norwegian Brisling or pickled Herring, though Canada does a dandy job of taking up the slack..

Much as I love my native Britain half of them would have gladly beaned ol' Winnie with a cricket bat and went Red.... So in the agregate, the Western Allies did save Europe, they just saved them from the Commies instead of the Nazis.

The_AirHawk 03-27-2009 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anrajala (Post 208615)
This is absolutely true Sarnali. Normandy invasion probably saved continental western Europe from communism. Hard to say how far would they have pushed but 100% sure all of Germany and Austria, very probably Holland and Belgium and at least the occupied part of France would have had a good chance of getting their share of Lenin monuments.

So, without Normandy invasion we would certainly not debate BMW K1300GT:s relative benefits as we do now.

- cruiz-euro

Now that just Crazy Talk. There's NO WAY the Russians would have established a vast network of subjugated slave-states if give free-reign over Western Europe. It's only the United States that is now, has ever, and WILL EVER be an Evil Fascist Empire-builder.............

sarnali2 03-27-2009 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 208619)
Now that just Crazy Talk. There's NO WAY the Russians would have established a vast network of subjugated slave-states if give free-reign over Western Europe. It's only the United States that is now, has ever, and WILL EVER be an Evil Fascist Empire-builder.............


true we are no doubt the Great Satan as the Assaholela decreid and pretty much the scum o' de' earth......


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:46 AM.