Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 03-27-2009, 05:46 AM   #51
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrajala View Post
Yeah right longride. You are obviously one of those that believe what is taught in the American schools. That heroic gringos came here and liberated Europe from nazis. Whole thing culminated in the epic D Day battle that decided the result of the war.

But what really happened? Germans lost some 3,000 killed in action, allied maybe double that, American bodycount was exactly 2,499.

All due respect for those heroic boys but the real war was waged elsewhere. Have you ever heard of Operation Bagration? Germans lost 300,000 KIA with total casualities topping half a million. Thats what I call mayhem.

- cruiz-euro

I guess it was my imagnination that Britain was begging us to get in the war so they could survive, and the Russians were begging for a second front so they could survive. I know we didn't beg you. Try looking up the tonnage of supplies that were in the 'lend-lease' and through the war and you can see why the Allies won. I guess it was my imagination that I spoke with a woman who was in the Hitler Youth and told me that the Germans knew they would lose the war when America got in. I wonder why that was? Too bad all you Yurup dopes have left is skewed memories and bankrupt courage. You couldn't even take care of a two-bit dictator in Yugoslavia. You came running to us. Scared of big bad Serbia! What a joke! Heroic gringos to the rescue again.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-27-2009, 06:43 AM   #52
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
I guess it was my imagination that I spoke with a woman who was in the Hitler Youth and told me that the Germans knew they would lose the war when America got in. I wonder why that was? Too bad all you Yurup dopes have left is skewed memories and bankrupt courage. You couldn't even take care of a two-bit dictator in Yugoslavia. You came running to us. Scared of big bad Serbia! What a joke! Heroic gringos to the rescue again.
How soon they forget, LR. When I was in Korea, the older generation remembered and appreciated what we (America) did for them, as a whole. The younger generation demonstrated against us, shouting "Yankee go home!"

This link (World War 2 fatalities) goes to show that you can't win a war by throwing a millions of bodies at the enemy. Anrajala, I would say that a over quarter of a million fatalies constitutes a "significant contribution" to the war effort.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:42 AM   #53
SmokeU
Registered Member

Sooo...Paris and the rest of France was liberated before the US got there? Huh, perhaps we should rewrite the history books like the Euros have.
SmokeU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 08:02 AM   #54
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
How soon they forget, LR. When I was in Korea, the older generation remembered and appreciated what we (America) did for them, as a whole. The younger generation demonstrated against us, shouting "Yankee go home!"

This link (World War 2 fatalities) goes to show that you can't win a war by throwing a millions of bodies at the enemy. Anrajala, I would say that a over quarter of a million fatalies constitutes a "significant contribution" to the war effort.

No disrespect meant here but the Jeemans lost in excess of 5 million and the Red's lost over 20 million. Germany lost the war at Stalingrad when they failed to take the city and gain access the the Caucauses oil fields. At that point the only American units in Europe was the 8th AAF

It's true that having the Allies in Western Europe prevented Stalin from pushing all the way to the English Channel and the combined RAF night raids and 8thAAF daylight raids tied up resources, but like it or not it was the Soviet Union that bore the brunt of defeating the Nazis with Stalingrad alone costing over 2 million lives in 8 months of fighting.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 08:10 AM   #55
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrajala View Post
Sorry to say but this whole subprime mess is all yankee doodle doo. I have a scientific theory how it could happen: you are all useless bastards.

Many European banks bought a slice of that crap suffering massive losses. Thats all what we benefited thank you very much.

But one positive thing happened: German government bank KfW Bankengruppe invested 426 million dollars into Lehman brothers the very same day it folded. That was hilarious. We Europeans are one happy family and never happier than when the Germans get it into the ass.

- cruiz-euro
Changed to out and out lies now, eh?
Old 03-27-2009, 08:16 AM   #56
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
No disrespect meant here but the Jeemans lost in excess of 5 million and the Red's lost over 20 million. Germany lost the war at Stalingrad when they failed to take the city and gain access the the Caucauses oil fields. At that point the only American units in Europe was the 8th AAF

It's true that having the Allies in Western Europe prevented Stalin from pushing all the way to the English Channel and the combined RAF night raids and 8thAAF daylight raids tied up resources, but like it or not it was the Soviet Union that bore the brunt of defeating the Nazis with Stalingrad alone costing over 2 million lives in 8 months of fighting.
Yes, that's true. The Germans basically lost the war on the eastern front. The western side was instrumental in contributing to the final victory, but the vast majority of WWII fighting in Europe was in Russia.

Next time it starts we'll be too bankrupt form the Rats and Pubes overspending and too effete from the feckless current Rat administration to do anything about it. Anrajala will be speaking Russian in a gulag. That I'd love to see.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:22 AM   #57
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post

My point exactly. Weren't the Russians fighting with 19th century weapons? Millions of people and antiquated equipement will NOT win a war. Most Americans, if you polled them, would not remember that we were on the same side with Russia during WWII (or China for that matter).
Old 03-27-2009, 08:24 AM   #58
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Next time it starts we'll be too bankrupt form the Rats and Pubes overspending and too effete from the feckless current Rat administration to do anything about it. Anrajala will be speaking Russian in a gulag. That I'd love to see.

They're already starting their B.S. Moscow is now one of the wealthiest cities in Europe, with wealth comes power. Their recent field trip to Georgia shows they don't give a rip what the rest of the world thinks, and with our ground forces tied up and grinding down in Afghanistan of all places we couldn't stop them if we tried short of nuking them in the Fulda Gap.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 08:59 AM   #59
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
My point exactly. Weren't the Russians fighting with 19th century weapons? Millions of people and antiquated equipement will NOT win a war. Most Americans, if you polled them, would not remember that we were on the same side with Russia during WWII (or China for that matter).
No they weren't. The Russian Army was fairly well equipped. The main problem was that Stalin had murdered just about every competent officer during his purges. Also, no one was prepared for the Wehrmacht's Blitzkrieg tactics. But once the Krauts got bogged down though Hitler's stupidity at Stalingrad, the Russians frantically produced and fielded the arguably best tank of WWII, the T-34.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:27 AM   #60
SmokeU
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
No they weren't. The Russian Army was fairly well equipped. The main problem was that Stalin had murdered just about every competent officer during his purges. Also, no one was prepared for the Wehrmacht's Blitzkrieg tactics. But once the Krauts got bogged down though Hitler's stupidity at Stalingrad, the Russians frantically produced and fielded the arguably best tank of WWII, the T-34.

Most of the Russian rifles were of late 1800's design, like the Mosin-Nagant M91-30. The '91' was for 1891. My M-44 is a slightly modified and shorter M91-30 and it still works great and is pretty accurate and highly powerful with that 7.62x54R.
SmokeU is offline   Reply With Quote