Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 03-26-2009, 08:45 AM   #41
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrajala View Post
I believe you are talking about the greater freedoms you have over there?

In Europe we can also make fun of Norweigians, blondes, gays or ethnic people. We teach WWII too and we teach it better. (Did you know Germans had already lost the war in the east before Normandy happened? Never met an American who had any idea.) Anyways, which are those countries in Europe that don't allow WWII teaching?

We can drive around in a car full of naked people drinking booze and the cops can say nothing (if the driver is sober), the cops can’t pop the trunk or enter a van without a search permit. We can take our sofa and carry it to any beach or park and get publicly intoxicated on it and its totally legit. We can read Playboy in the office without getting a sexual harrasment suit.

- cruiz-euro
So you're free to act like a drunken a-hole. However, if you try to become a productive member of society, the gov't crushes you and gives the money to drunken a-holes.

Nice.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-26-2009, 09:14 AM   #42
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"(Did you know Germans had already lost the war in the east before Normandy happened? Never met an American who had any idea.) "

With statements like this, you can see how well they are teaching. Of course, the Yuropeons had the Germans cornered without American help. That is what they teach there. Hilarious. Plus they can get drunk in public! What a plus!
Old 03-26-2009, 09:50 AM   #43
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
The Zero was fast and manuverable because of it's light weight. It had no armor or self sealing gas tanks, that's why you always see them going down like a Roman Candle. I think I'd rather be in a Spitfire or better yet a Thunderbolt which was built like a battleship with wings.
A few Spitfire pilots discovered the errors of that thinking early in the Pacific war. Fortunately for the Spitfire's reputation there weren't many in the Far East when the Japanese began rampaging through the Pacific. Yes, it's true that the Zero had it's faults and that tactics were developed to counter it. However in 1941 the Japanese Naval pilots were arguably the very best in the world. Read Saburo Sakai's book "Samurai" to see the level of training they went through. The air war over Britain was a one-on-one dogfight war. The Zero's would simply have splashed the others. All they had to do was avoid combat until the Spitfires and 109s ran out of fuel. Zero's had 3xs the range.

The Japanese Army didn't do so well and suffered substantial loses to the Allied P-40s. But the Japanese Army pilots were flying Oscars, not Zeros. It's an error when the Flying Tigers claimed they were shooting down Zeros. The Oscar was very inferior to the Mitsubishi Zero.... 40mph slower with only 2 30cal machine guns.

Over Port Moresby the Zeros had a field day shooting down P-39s and P-40s in 1942. It was the introduction of the P-38s and later the Hellcats and Corsairs that really spelled the end of the Zero. It also didn't help that the Japanese lost about 1/4 of their Naval pilots, not to mention mechanics and technicians, at Midway and couldn't replace them due to the extremely high training standards.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:05 AM   #44
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

If I were forced to be dropped into any war in history, I'd choose to be a fighter pilot in WW2. It's my theory that many other motorcyclists would, too. Am I off base?
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:07 AM   #45
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke View Post
If I were forced to be dropped into any war in history, I'd choose to be a fighter pilot in WW2. It's my theory that many other motorcyclists would, too. Am I off base?
I'd prefer the Great Marshmallow War of 1978.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:21 AM   #46
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
"(Did you know Germans had already lost the war in the east before Normandy happened? Never met an American who had any idea.) "

With statements like this, you can see how well they are teaching. Of course, the Yuropeons had the Germans cornered without American help. That is what they teach there. Hilarious. Plus they can get drunk in public! What a plus!
Typical arrogant unappreciative Euro-looter. I don't remember too many Europeans warning the world that the USA was spending too much money and engaging in ultimately destructive lending habits. Oh no. In fact I don't remember any. The Euro-banks were neck deep in it too. Half the 170 Billion of AIG bailout money has been given to European banks. The Treasury has handed out two trilllion dollers and won't say where it went. Wanna bet it wasn't Euro-banks?

Once again Anrajalalala is recipient of loads of free swag off the backs of the American middle class. He won't have to worry about it long. Uncle Sugar is going to be bankrupt by 2012 thanks to the Messiah and his Rats and then lala and his fellow euro-looters can stop complaining. This will provide them more time to drive around drunk.

Heh heh. Like any other welfare looter he'll be screaming even louder about everything he is "owed".
Old 03-26-2009, 10:26 AM   #47
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrajala View Post
who believes chewing pigs ears enhances potence.
You mean it doesn't? All those deaf pigs in the pen for naught...
Old 03-26-2009, 10:38 AM   #48
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
You mean it doesn't? All those deaf pigs in the pen for naught...

How do you think I feel, being a typical 80's yuppie I bought the imported ones and paid twice as much !

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 11:14 PM   #49
anrajala
Founding Member

Default Gringos killed several thousand nazis

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post

Yeah right longride. You are obviously one of those that believe what is taught in the American schools. That heroic gringos came here and liberated Europe from nazis. Whole thing culminated in the epic D Day battle that decided the result of the war.

But what really happened? Germans lost some 3,000 killed in action, allied maybe double that, American bodycount was exactly 2,499.

All due respect for those heroic boys but the real war was waged elsewhere. Have you ever heard of Operation Bagration? Germans lost 300,000 KIA with total casualities topping half a million. Thats what I call mayhem.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 03:19 AM   #50
anrajala
Founding Member

Default US innocent victim of the subprime screw up

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Typical arrogant unappreciative Euro-looter. I don't remember too many Europeans warning the world that the USA was spending too much money and engaging in ultimately destructive lending habits. Oh no. In fact I don't remember any. The Euro-banks were neck deep in it too. Half the 170 Billion of AIG bailout money has been given to European banks. The Treasury has handed out two trilllion dollers and won't say where it went. Wanna bet it wasn't Euro-banks?

Once again Anrajalalala is recipient of loads of free swag off the backs of the American middle class.
Sorry to say but this whole subprime mess is all yankee doodle doo. I have a scientific theory how it could happen: you are all useless bastards.

Many European banks bought a slice of that crap suffering massive losses. Thats all what we benefited thank you very much.

But one positive thing happened: German government bank KfW Bankengruppe invested 426 million dollars into Lehman brothers the very same day it folded. That was hilarious. We Europeans are one happy family and never happier than when the Germans get it into the ass.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote