Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2009 Victory Vegas 8-Ball Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/11174-2009-victory-vegas-8-ball-review.html)

Administrator 03-20-2009 01:55 PM

2009 Victory Vegas 8-Ball Review

Original Article:
2009 Victory Vegas 8-Ball Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2009 Victory Vegas 8-Ball Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

pushrod 03-20-2009 02:43 PM

Uh-huh. 'Hoops,' but no 'buns'.

You are brave, indeed, riding that 80/90 front tire on the sand, no matter how hard it's packed.

Caution on those forkleg toolkits. The hanging straps loosen up rather quickly, and hitting a good-sized bump at any speed at all will almost certainly introduce Mr. Kit to Mr. Fender.

KD, how any bikes has Victory sold? We have a Dealer in our area, and I very seldom see any model Victory. Did you see any at Bike Week?

motojohn 03-20-2009 03:09 PM

Daytona Bike Week and no chicks in bikinis surrounding the 8-Ball? Victory is not going to allow you to test any more bikes... The bike does look good in black though I must admit.

seruzawa 03-20-2009 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pushrod (Post 207865)

You are brave, indeed, riding that 80/90 front tire on the sand, no matter how hard it's packed.

Caution on those forkleg toolkits. The hanging straps loosen up rather quickly, and hitting a good-sized bump at any speed at all will almost certainly introduce Mr. Kit to Mr. Fender.

KD, how any bikes has Victory sold? We have a Dealer in our area, and I very seldom see any model Victory. Did you see any at Bike Week?

The last figures I saw for Victory was about 7,500 units worldwide in 2007. I figured that by dividing the total sales into an average of 15K per bike.

longride 03-20-2009 06:26 PM

I saw about 4 Victories total at Bike Week. Only one Bad Vision. I'm not sure how many they are selling, but I saw about 25 Harley Crossbones and they have only sold those for one year. I guess that sums it up.

Dr_Sprocket 03-20-2009 06:37 PM

Nice review of an oft-overlooked model in more practical terms. The bike actually looks decent with all the paraphernalia. Good job, Kevin!

Kevin_Duke 03-21-2009 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pushrod (Post 207865)

While the number of Vics seen at BW was just a drop in the bucket next to all the Harleys, I saw dozens and dozens of them. They had a much bigger presence this year than when I was last at BW a few years ago. Tons of prospective buyers test riding them, too (see my BW report for more).

Although Harley sells more "limited-edition" CVOs than Vic sells in total, they are gaining a foothold in the market. And lots of Vic riders proudly sporting Vic riding gear.

If you're in market for a cruiser, there's no shortage of reasons to buy a Harley, but there's good reasons (power, style, reliability) to buy a Victory.

Kenneth_Moore 03-21-2009 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 207887)
I saw about 4 Victories total at Bike Week. Only one Bad Vision. I'm not sure how many they are selling, but I saw about 25 Harley Crossbones and they have only sold those for one year. I guess that sums it up.

Did you see the XBones with the stupid pirate decal on the oil bag? It looks like Disney for chrissakes.

Kevin_Duke 03-21-2009 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 207887)

You might not have been looking very closely, LR. There were at least 25 of the 100 10th-anniversary Vic Visions at BW, never mind all the normal Vics. It would've been cool to have met up with you there!

mscuddy 03-21-2009 06:20 PM

Victory, also known as Vartan in Glendale. Falafel anyone?