Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 03-20-2009, 08:24 AM   #11
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
The hypocrisy is as thick as a 3 pound steak.
Best $10 steak I ever bought I got from a guy sellin' outta the back of his car...........
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-20-2009, 08:31 AM   #12
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
" have too many dead and crippled helmetless friends to play this sh*t."

Good thing you don't have any dead or crippled helmeted friends eh? I guess that might confuse things just a bit.
The friends I had that died on bikes were not wearing helmets. The two people I know that got crippled on bikes weren't wearing helmets either. Nobody I personally know of has got injured on a bike while they were wearing a helmet and I have personally bounced my head off the pavement a time or two while wearing a helmet and walked away.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:31 AM   #13
pplassm
Founding Member

Did you call your Senators on H.R. 146?

I'll bet you don't even know what that is, and it's implications are much broader. Tit for Tat, you know.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:33 AM   #14
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

The best $10 Helmet Law I ever bought, I got from a Senator sellin' outta the back of his Limo............
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:42 AM   #15
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
The friends I had that died on bikes were not wearing helmets. The two people I know that got crippled on bikes weren't wearing helmets either. Nobody I personally know of has got injured on a bike while they were wearing a helmet and I have personally bounced my head off the pavement a time or two while wearing a helmet and walked away.
So let me get this straight. Since nobody you know died or got injured while wearing a helmet, then the injury and death rate for motorcyclists in Washington state is zero then? Is that correct? Nobody ever dies or gets injured while wearing a helmet? I'm really glad to hear that. I'm all for it then.....for you and your state. I'm going to get a tattoo f&ck the world except for helmet laws. FTWEFHL. That will look cool. To tell you the truth, I don't care what your personal experience is, who died, who got injured, or who didn't, or who might, just keep your helmet laws where you live and wear yours like a good boy cause it aint your choice. I'll choose what I do and when I do it thank you very much. It's called freedom in case you haven't heard of it lately.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:44 AM   #16
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by pplassm View Post
Did you call your Senators on H.R. 146?

I'll bet you don't even know what that is, and it's implications are much broader. Tit for Tat, you know.

Will H.R. 146 save any lives? If it does, then hell let's all call!
Old 03-20-2009, 09:15 AM   #17
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
So let me get this straight. Since nobody you know died or got injured while wearing a helmet, then the injury and death rate for motorcyclists in Washington state is zero then? Is that correct? Nobody ever dies or gets injured while wearing a helmet? I'm really glad to hear that. I'm all for it then.....for you and your state. I'm going to get a tattoo f&ck the world except for helmet laws. FTWEFHL. That will look cool. To tell you the truth, I don't care what your personal experience is, who died, who got injured, or who didn't, or who might, just keep your helmet laws where you live and wear yours like a good boy cause it aint your choice. I'll choose what I do and when I do it thank you very much. It's called freedom in case you haven't heard of it lately.

Get real, you know what I meant. I said no one I know because that is fact, not some statistic I pulled out of my ass. I support helmet laws, I think they save lives and I think it's the right thing to do and if I could I'd vote for one nationally just to f*ck with you

Old 03-20-2009, 10:25 AM   #18
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
Get real, you know what I meant. I said no one I know because that is fact, not some statistic I pulled out of my ass. I support helmet laws, I think they save lives and I think it's the right thing to do and if I could I'd vote for one nationally just to f*ck with you
If getting real is what this is about, quoting who you know and what happened to them isn't a good way to start. My father did that for about 10 years to get me to quit riding motorcycles. Didn't work. People die every day there for a variety of reasons. I hope you can support any law that 'saves that one life'. That way you can be 'safe' from all of life's dangers and have about 50,000 personal safety laws where you live. I'll pass. I'm gonna ride without my helmet today just because I can. Too bad you can't though. Sucks for you. Banning motorcycles would save lives too, and if I could ban them where you live I would just to f&ck with you and to show you how f*cking stupid personal safety laws are. If that day comes when they ban bikes, you can look back at your 'saves lives' and 'right thing to do' crap and see exactly why it happened. FTWEFHL! My new motto!
Old 03-20-2009, 11:32 AM   #19
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Nobody's talking about banning motorcycles, we're talking about whether the Feds have a legal right to require a person to take reasonable precautions to protect your melon. Do you object to wearing seat belts too? I can't stand them myself but most states require me to wear them. How about airbags? I don't find the idea of an explosive driven nylon bag 2 feet in front of my face very comforting either but try to buy a new car without one or two at least.

How about gun laws and OSHA requirements, do you want to do away with them too? how about speed limits? those are all laws that regulate behaviour. I don't think it's outlandish that they also enact laws that we have to wear helmets on motorcycles.

Old 03-20-2009, 12:44 PM   #20
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Whats to research? The fatalities per rider mile have risen dramatically in FL since they allowed over 21 riders to go without helmets. I chose to wear one, but I'm glad those who don't want to have the choice.