Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 03-18-2009, 07:55 PM   #11
newagetwotone
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
You'll never catch a light beer in my hands laddy. Light beer is for fat guys.
What?

well anyways,im 6'1-6'2 and 220lbs. I drink guiness, killians, Straubs and lots of other stuff..... but thats just me.
newagetwotone is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-19-2009, 06:19 AM   #12
seruzawa
The Toad

Well, it's good to see Beemer pursuing the younger demographic. And this bike would be good competition for the Big4 if the bike was priced for the younger demographic. One thing Beemer is missing is that loads of these guys immediately throw the suspension bits away and do other mods. This pushes the cost of the BMW S models even further out of the 20-somethings' price range.oo oh wait these upgrades aren't even available. Then there's the $300 cost to replace a broken clip-on, etc etc.

I'm afraid they are still going to opt for the R1s and ZX-14s.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:19 AM   #13
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
I'm a fat guy that typically drinks Sam Adams (any flavor, but I like the wheats) or Sweet-water 420 (stoopid filter). If you catch me with a lite beer it's because someone handed me a free one. When I'm out and slumming at the dive bars I drink PBR. 'Cause real men can handle Milwakee piss water.
I PREFER SAMUEL JACKSON BEER! MM-mmm BYTCH!

Last edited by seruzawa : 03-19-2009 at 06:22 AM.
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 06:44 AM   #14
SmokeU
Registered Member

Quote:
I'm a fat guy that typically drinks Sam Adams (any flavor, but I like the wheats) or Sweet-water 420 (stoopid filter). If you catch me with a lite beer it's because someone handed me a free one. When I'm out and slumming at the dive bars I drink PBR. 'Cause real men can handle Milwakee piss water.

I typically drink Schell's or Grain Belt Premium. It's brewed in my town so I'm really just drinking more of the local water.
SmokeU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:20 AM   #15
acecycleins
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeU View Post
I typically drink Schell's or Grain Belt Premium. It's brewed in my town so I'm really just drinking more of the local water.
Ahh- but it's filtered water. Sweet-water is local to Atl. Red Brick is, also, local. I've seen Sweet-waters in FL and NYC before, but really don't know how big the distribution is. They make about 10 different blends. Good stuff.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:29 AM   #16
SmokeU
Registered Member

Quote:
Ahh- but it's filtered water. Sweet-water is local to Atl. Red Brick is, also, local. I've seen Sweet-waters in FL and NYC before, but really don't know how big the distribution is. They make about 10 different blends. Good stuff.
How's it filtered water? Schell's sells some unfiltered stuff.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:51 AM   #17
acecycleins
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeU View Post
How's it filtered water? Schell's sells some unfiltered stuff.
Wow!- sorry. At the very least the brewers that work around here run their water through a filtering system. Those cheap bastards could have come off the hip for something in the $2-3K range easy.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:04 PM   #18
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
You'll never catch a light beer in my hands laddy. Light beer is for fat guys.

ah, blow me ya' wop....I'm a large guy and I drink Guinness or Beamish stout with a specific gravity close to uranium, If I want a thinner beer I'll drink Henry Weinhards......If you find a lite beer in my hands it's because I'm dead and someone put it there.....remember, life ain't easy when you're fat and greasey...

As far as the BMW go's, nice bike! not a bad price for what you get really. I'm amazed that they have so many issues with their fuel injection on the newer models, even more amazed that they actually admit it. Germans typically don't admit mistakes as I recall. To be honest I didn't have any problems with the EFI on my '85 K100RS, it was almost as good as Harley's which on the '08 at least is dialed in to the gnats ass. The short-lived '02 R1150RT was a whole 'nuther story..

This and the K-GT are both bikes I'd like to have, a friend of mine has an '07 K1200S that he thinks is the bees knees and I have to agree it's a pretty sweet ride.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:22 PM   #19
SmokeU
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
ah, blow me ya' wop....I'm a large guy and I drink Guinness or Beamish stout with a specific gravity close to uranium, If I want a thinner beer I'll drink Henry Weinhards......If you find a lite beer in my hands it's because I'm dead and someone put it there.....remember, life ain't easy when you're fat and greasey...

As far as the BMW go's, nice bike! not a bad price for what you get really. I'm amazed that they have so many issues with their fuel injection on the newer models, even more amazed that they actually admit it. Germans typically don't admit mistakes as I recall. To be honest I didn't have any problems with the EFI on my '85 K100RS, it was almost as good as Harley's which on the '08 at least is dialed in to the gnats ass. The short-lived '02 R1150RT was a whole 'nuther story..

This and the K-GT are both bikes I'd like to have, a friend of mine has an '07 K1200S that he thinks is the bees knees and I have to agree it's a pretty sweet ride.

For $17.5K I'll take a Concours 14 and a KLR 650.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:07 PM   #20
Duken4evr
Founding Member

Hmm. The buy in on this Beemer is in the same general range as Honda's new DN-1. That puts the DN-1's pricing into some perspective.

My guess is the throttle issue is due to fuel cut as required to meet emissions. Off throttle no fuel goes to the engine and it takes a moment to recover when the throttle is reapplied. My '06 FZ1 had this bad, the fix was an electronic gadget from Ivan's called, appropriately enough, the "fuel cut eliminator".

Anyway, nice bike. I could see getting one of these someday, when I am finally all grown up, kids gone, over 60 and have far away places to ride to on a fast and comfortable bike.
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote