Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2009, 07:02 AM   #21
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member
 
Kenneth_Moore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VIsiting the GIft Shop in the Pit of DIspair
Posts: 7,118
Default

The Harley riders thought $15k was a decent price for a scooter.

When does the jet-ski/wave runner with retractable wheels debut? That has to be the "next big thing."
__________________
www.kennethmoore.org
Kenneth_Moore is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-17-2009, 07:08 AM   #22
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,463
Default

This bike doesn't surprise me. It fits right in with Honda's vanilla "appeal to everyone" approach which results in some of the blandest offerings in motorcycle history. I know some of the people that this would appeal to. If Honda floods the "GQ" metrosexual set with promos of guys in designer clothes and gold chains they actually might sell a load of these things. I do know a gold chain guy who went out and bought a Burgman 400 a couple years back because he saw such an ad and thought it was cool. Even bought all the exact clothes and helmet the model riding the bike was wearing in the ad.

I could be wrong. Maybe Honda just wanted to field a bike that will out-accelerate an 883 Sportster.

Or maybe it's a diabolical marketing plan to take over the world by offering bikes designed to appeal to people who would never ride a motorcycle.

Good luck with that.
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."

Last edited by seruzawa : 03-17-2009 at 07:17 AM.
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 07:38 AM   #23
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

 
mscuddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Next to my still checkin the temp.
Posts: 5,447
Default Hoveround?

I just love my Hoveround...
__________________
A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.
mscuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 08:03 AM   #24
Buzglyd
Founding Member
 
Buzglyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 10,913
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
This bike doesn't surprise me. It fits right in with Honda's vanilla "appeal to everyone" approach which results in some of the blandest offerings in motorcycle history. I know some of the people that this would appeal to. If Honda floods the "GQ" metrosexual set with promos of guys in designer clothes and gold chains they actually might sell a load of these things. I do know a gold chain guy who went out and bought a Burgman 400 a couple years back because he saw such an ad and thought it was cool. Even bought all the exact clothes and helmet the model riding the bike was wearing in the ad.

I could be wrong. Maybe Honda just wanted to field a bike that will out-accelerate an 883 Sportster.

Or maybe it's a diabolical marketing plan to take over the world by offering bikes designed to appeal to people who would never ride a motorcycle.

Good luck with that.
You know a gold chain guy?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 08:14 AM   #25
MOKE1K
Registered Member
 
MOKE1K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kalapana, Big Island
Posts: 3,993
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
The Harley riders thought $15k was a decent price for a scooter.

When does the jet-ski/wave runner with retractable wheels debut? That has to be the "next big thing."

Actually Seadoo has a ski with suspension, true neutral, and get this, a brake.
All for a STARTING price of 16,499.00.

As for the D01 whatever,..
Iam not even giving the dam thing my attention! Its ghey!
__________________
"YOU CAN'T BOLT ON SKILL"

Last edited by MOKE1K : 03-17-2009 at 08:18 AM.
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 08:42 AM   #26
Administrator
Administrator

 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: On My Bike
Posts: 1
Default 2009 Honda DN-01 Review


Original Article:
2009 Honda DN-01 Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2009 Honda DN-01 Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 08:47 AM   #27
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

 
mscuddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Next to my still checkin the temp.
Posts: 5,447
Default

Here we go again....
__________________
A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.
mscuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:04 AM   #28
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

 
Kevin_Duke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,087
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Actually Seadoo has a ski with suspension, true neutral, and get this, a brake.
All for a STARTING price of 16,499.00.

As for the D01 whatever,..
Iam not even giving the dam thing my attention! Its ghey!
That's pretty harsh for someone with a sig of "It's not what you ride it's how you ride it that counts."
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:16 AM   #29
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,463
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
You know a gold chain guy?
Of course. I work with engineers. I also know one in San Diego......
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:23 AM   #30
MOKE1K
Registered Member
 
MOKE1K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kalapana, Big Island
Posts: 3,993
Cool Well,....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke View Post
That's pretty harsh for someone with a sig of "It's not what you ride it's how you ride it that counts."
I guess I meant only Motorcycles is it considered a Motorcycle? I give respect to scooters to though, even make sure to wave when I see em.

It just seems a bit eccentric in the current market, maybe they could have taken the savings of not producing this model and go racing instead.
__________________
"YOU CAN'T BOLT ON SKILL"

Last edited by MOKE1K : 03-17-2009 at 11:29 AM.
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off