Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   Fulmer M1 Modus Flip-front Helmet Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/11083-fulmer-m1-modus-flip-front-helmet-review.html)

Administrator 03-12-2009 11:12 PM

Fulmer M1 Modus Flip-front Helmet Review

Original Article:
Fulmer M1 Modus Flip-front Helmet Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Fulmer M1 Modus Flip-front Helmet Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

Kenneth_Moore 03-16-2009 03:10 PM

[i]only a few layers of thin plastic lie between your eardrum and the outer shell, making for a rather noisy helmet.[i]

Even the best modular helmets are noisy as heck. All that hinge crap dragging in the wind. My "mid-priced" Nolan needs earplugs, and a Shoei MultiTech I tried did too. I could ride w/o earplugs only with my non-flip Shoei full face.

mugwump58 03-16-2009 03:36 PM

My 103 has the sun visor internal and optional extra insulation for the ears. I'll let you know how much better it is than the 102. If only I'd sent the shock in earlier.... Plan to purchase spare bike is being implemented, if only I'd thought sooner. 3-5 day turn around my arse.

Kenneth_Moore 03-17-2009 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mugwump58 (Post 207413)
My 103 has the sun visor internal and optional extra insulation for the ears. I'll let you know how much better it is than the 102. If only I'd sent the shock in earlier.... Plan to purchase spare bike is being implemented, if only I'd thought sooner. 3-5 day turn around my arse.

How do you like the internal visor? Mine came with the cheesy external one which I removed and discarded the day I got it. I'm wondering if I'd use it instead of or with sunglasses, or at all?

The_AirHawk 03-17-2009 03:48 PM

I saw one of these last week when I bought my new 'lid - it was painted with a white retro-reflective coating, and had these blaze-orange "tiger/lightning" stripes on it, with black outlining them. It was F'n Awesome. So, I plunked it on my misshapen skull, then immediately ripped it back off as it felt like me head was in a vise front-to-back.

Unfortunately, I don't have a Fulmer M1-shaped skull, or I'd have bought it (and saved meself $175). Instead, I "settled" on a silver Scorpion EXO-1000 with the "Redline" tachometer/speedometer graphics, and a few bits of retro-reflective tape to enhance visibility.

I would have bought the Fulmer too - it seems a fine helmet, with all-metal lockplates and hardware, and really nice fit and finish.

Kenneth_Moore 03-17-2009 05:59 PM

I like my Nolan a lot better since I removed and washed the liner. YuCK! I had no idea....