Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 03-06-2009, 11:53 AM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

Default 2009 Supersport Racetrack Shootout

Original Article:
2009 Supersport Racetrack Shootout

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2009 Supersport Racetrack Shootout in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-06-2009, 12:02 PM   #2
anrajala
Founding Member

Supersport 600 comparo and only Japanese in it? We are so used to it that we are blind to it. Us Europeans, and you gringos, and the rest of the world of 4bn people, we are no match. We are not good enough engineers. We are not worthy. Let's face it, finally.

Luckily I hate those scummendorf sucking little plastic 600 ****

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:19 PM   #3
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrajala View Post
Supersport 600 comparo and only Japanese in it? We are so used to it that we are blind to it. Us Europeans, and you gringos, and the rest of the world of 4bn people, we are no match. We are not good enough engineers. We are not worthy. Let's face it, finally.

Luckily I hate those scummendorf sucking little plastic 600 ****

- cruiz-euro
Whatever bike it is that you want, will you just f**king buy it so you quit b!tching about every other bike.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:28 PM   #4
pdad13
Founding Member

We've already been over this.

Apparently, the Triumph wasn't available early enough to make this test. Duke and MO have already confirmed that the winner of the 600 comparo (the ZX-6R) will go against the Daytona next month. The Duc 848 doesn't really belong in this group.

The few European tests I've seen have the Triumph kicking the a$$es of all comers. Hell, even Sport Rider was raving that it might be the best sportbike of any capacity made today.

Looks like you might have to give props to, as you would say, "those limeys."
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 03:11 PM   #5
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdad13 View Post
We've already been over this.

Apparently, the Triumph wasn't available early enough to make this test. Duke and MO have already confirmed that the winner of the 600 comparo (the ZX-6R) will go against the Daytona next month. The Duc 848 doesn't really belong in this group.

The few European tests I've seen have the Triumph kicking the a$$es of all comers. Hell, even Sport Rider was raving that it might be the best sportbike of any capacity made today.

Looks like you might have to give props to, as you would say, "those limeys."
Why wasn't the 1995 XJ600 Seca inculded in this? I'm tired of this bike being ignored!
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 03:33 PM   #6
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
Why wasn't the 1995 XJ600 Seca inculded in this? I'm tired of this bike being ignored!
Heh heh. No one is ignoring the Trumpet. Quite the opposite. The Big4 are hoping it goes away. They are faced with having to go through a major redesigning phase as it becomes apparent that the triple, not the I-4, is the optimum engine configuration for a supersport. And during tough economic times when even the two year redesign cycle is going to be tough to keep going too.

Oh no. We are looking at a major upset in the supersport field. Yamahondsuzkaw won't be able to lock the 675 triple out of American racing forever.

And it's about time. A class in which every bike has the same bore and stroke needs a shake up. It's total irony to see a British motorcycle company become the catalyst.
Old 03-06-2009, 04:49 PM   #7
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
... A class in which every bike has the same bore and stroke needs a shake up. It's total irony to see a British motorcycle company become the catalyst.
So true. So true.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:33 PM   #8
newagetwotone
Registered Member

Why wasn't the valkyrie included its the bestesters bike out there! so much more superior to all of these stop ignoring the no longer produced bikes!
newagetwotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 06:22 AM   #9
Ole1
Founding Member

Default Can't wait to see the Kaw vs 675 battle !

.... you know I'm biased ...

My buddy is all goo goo on the tech of the new Kaw .... I'm telling him we should go to Code's school ... where he can (hopefully) compare the stock 09 Kaw to a "tired old '06 675" .... and then find his own '06 triple that'll still spank the piss out of any of the new jap crap (exit tic)

Good article otherwise ... Thank You guys !
... clear, cincise, and to the point ... makes we want to get the Honda ...
( but what were your favorite fried foods ? )

.... I especially liked Pete's comment at the end ...

... before the 09 Kaw came out, my buddy was set on the GSXR
(after riding it at Pridmores' school)
Old 03-07-2009, 09:46 AM   #10
Airfiddler
Founding Member

Talking 600 shootout

I may be down 50cc, but my 83 maxim 550 is cool.........anybody wanna race ?......
Airfiddler is offline   Reply With Quote