Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 03-09-2009, 08:01 PM   #41
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
Can we make Airhawk the ugliest Umbrella Girl ever?
I wear a size "5" plastic body-suit...............
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-09-2009, 08:18 PM   #42
mugwump58
Registered Member

I've subscribed to this thread. I'm dopey enough to cough up some dough. Did for the local kid in Red Bull, got me a poster n stuff. Hope and change, hope and change...
Old 03-09-2009, 09:13 PM   #43
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugwump58 View Post
I've subscribed to this thread. I'm dopey enough to cough up some dough. Did for the local kid in Red Bull, got me a poster n stuff. Hope and change, hope and change...
Hey, I'll toss in some too - IN ADDITION to bein' a Brolly...... Ah, Person.....
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 10:04 AM   #44
anrajala
Founding Member

Default World Suburbansport

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdad13 View Post
Yes, that racing series is called World Supersport. And the there's one called British Supersport. And German Supersport. And just about all the other major European national production bike series. Do you just make stuff up as you go along?
What are you talking about? MotoGP is called Supersport? And you are blaming me for making stuff up tsk tsk. MotoGP is where the real guys hang around. Such as Rossi and Hayden (Hayden who?).

What it comes to the technical choices there are of course different opinions (stupid and mine of course). I think there should be one set of rules and no arbitrary handicaps for silly people trying to push inferior designs. Let the race begin.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 10:25 AM   #45
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrajala View Post
What are you talking about? MotoGP is called Supersport? And you are blaming me for making stuff up tsk tsk. MotoGP is where the real guys hang around. Such as Rossi and Hayden (Hayden who?).

What it comes to the technical choices there are of course different opinions (stupid and mine of course). I think there should be one set of rules and no arbitrary handicaps for silly people trying to push inferior designs. Let the race begin.

- cruiz-euro
That's nice. I think there should just be HP and weight rules and no worry about displacement or configuration.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:43 PM   #46
pdad13
Founding Member

Quote:

- cruiz-euro
No, foolio, you stated that the only series where the 675 is legal to race against 600cc supersports is probably in Boise, implying that no credible race body allows such a thing. Clearly you're not familiar with World Supersport, which is the world's premier class for production-based supersport bikes (you can get a hint from the name), or you're just willfully ignorant.

Seriously, do you pay any attention at all to your own drivel?

MotoGP and Moto2 are prototype classes and have much less relevance to road bikes. If you knew anything about the motivation behind forming the Moto2 class, which, you obviously don't, you'd understand why the rules are the way they are. I'm not going to explain again.

And the fact that MotoGP/Moto2 use fixed displacement limits for every type of engine configuration is, frankly, archaic. Remember who ultimately controls MotoGP: The Big Four, who have a vested interest in keeping displacement as the dictating factor. They already lost that battle in WSB/WSS.

I also would venture a guess that the fixed displacement is, in some part, to keep things simple for the fans. It's an easy way to let the average mouthbreather compare motorcycles. Looks like it works.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 05:56 PM   #47
newagetwotone
Registered Member

So how would say a buell XB9R do against a CB600 in one of these races... hm, never liked racing much but that might be something i;d like to watch...
newagetwotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 01:42 AM   #48
anrajala
Founding Member

Default 50% more displacement for pushrods, anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdad13 View Post
No, foolio, you stated that the only series where the 675 is legal to race against 600cc supersports is probably in Boise, implying that no credible race body allows such a thing. Clearly you're not familiar with World Supersport, which is the world's premier class for production-based supersport bikes (you can get a hint from the name), or you're just willfully ignorant.

Seriously, do you pay any attention at all to your own drivel?

MotoGP and Moto2 are prototype classes and have much less relevance to road bikes. If you knew anything about the motivation behind forming the Moto2 class, which, you obviously don't, you'd understand why the rules are the way they are. I'm not going to explain again.

And the fact that MotoGP/Moto2 use fixed displacement limits for every type of engine configuration is, frankly, archaic. Remember who ultimately controls MotoGP: The Big Four, who have a vested interest in keeping displacement as the dictating factor. They already lost that battle in WSB/WSS.

I also would venture a guess that the fixed displacement is, in some part, to keep things simple for the fans. It's an easy way to let the average mouthbreather compare motorcycles. Looks like it works.
I may not pay any attention to the drivel I write but you dont seem to either. My comment about Boise Idaho implied that where it does not matter fixed cc:s may not be in place. Where it matters = MotoGP. Its the F1 of the motorcycle world.

Any innuendo of vested interest of big four is pure BS. Sure they have some but if you have any common sense you arrive at pretty much the same thing. Same rules for everyone, let the best team win.

If you look at F1, the purest form of motor sporting on the planet, they have strict rules. Formula One engines may be no more than 2.4 litres in capacity. They must have 8 cylinders in a 90-degree formation, with two inlet and two exhaust valves per cylinder. They must be normally aspirated, weigh at least 95 kilograms and be rev-limited to 18,000rpm.

Why is this? Is it the evil influence of the big four? Is it keeping things simple for the fans?

These guys a real pros and if you start suggesting giving some handicap to straight sixes or any such childish crap you are not getting anything but a friendly whack on the nuts. Its not for the lack of trying, there have been rules for example less-cc-for-turbos etc but it all resulted in *arbitrary* skewing of the results.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 06:04 AM   #49
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
If you look at F1, the purest form of motor sporting on the planet, they have strict rules. Formula One engines may be no more than 2.4 litres in capacity. They must have 8 cylinders in a 90-degree formation, with two inlet and two exhaust valves per cylinder. They must be normally aspirated, weigh at least 95 kilograms and be rev-limited to 18,000rpm.

Why is this? Is it the evil influence of the big four? Is it keeping things simple for the fans?

These guys a real pros and if you start suggesting giving some handicap to straight sixes or any such childish crap you are not getting anything but a friendly whack on the nuts. Its not for the lack of trying, there have been rules for example less-cc-for-turbos etc but it all resulted in *arbitrary* skewing of the results.

- cruiz-euro
You really need to look up the word "solipsism". It describes you to a T.

Once again, racing rules are entirely arbitrary. This is true of all forms of racing. If you want to confuse arbitrarily invented rules with divine inspiration, well, that's your problem.

I'm curious though. Why is it that you believe that big business interest are entirely evil and spread undue influence everywhere in the world except F1 racing?
Old 03-13-2009, 06:27 AM   #50
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"I'm curious though. Why is it that you believe that big business interest are entirely evil and spread undue influence everywhere in the world except F1 racing?"

Because according to eurodope, F1 is 'the purest form of motor sporting". How he came to that conclusion I can't figure for the life of me.