Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 03-08-2009, 08:08 PM   #31
pdad13
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke View Post
Given the huge displacement advantage, there will be some point in which the Buells will win races. Then Roger and DMG will change the rules in the hopes of parity, just like NASCAR.

I sat next to Miguel Duhamel on the flight home from Daytona today. Whaddaya say we take up a collection and get him on a Buell?! Still one of the toughest and coolest racers ever.
Well, let's hope it doesn't get to NASCAR standards. They're basically all using the same car with different phony grille and headlight decals. There's absolutely nothing about NASCAR-spec cars that has anything to do with production road cars. It's a complete joke.

I will say this though, the racing did appear to be much more entertaining. I've only seen some highlights from the American Superbike race, but I did watch the 200. Both races seemed pretty good.

Mladin complaining that they're running a couple of seconds slower per lap seemed pretty pathetic given that we actually had more than one manufacturer and two bikes racing at the front of a Superbike race. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't notice the slightly slower lap times. And given exciting racing, I don't give a flying f*ck.

And, yeah, let's do a Motorcycle.com Buell team for Miguel. I've got five or ten bucks to spare. Anyone else?
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-08-2009, 08:56 PM   #32
GSXRWolf
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
When I was a kid, the bike I really wanted was the Yamaha Seca. Now, I'm a little bigger and still like that style of bike (nakeds).

BTW, what was the largest size Seca or Seca II available in the US?
There were 750 Secas and in Canada we had the 900 Seca also. I don't know if it was sold in the US.

Get on Google and you'll find info on the Seca II's which also became the "Diversion".
GSXRWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:01 AM   #33
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdad13 View Post
There's another issue that's worth exploring: Long before the 1125R was released, we had a discussion after I reported on my weekend with a rented XB12R. I said that I didn't think that Buell would ever use an non-U.S.-outsourced engine because it would effectively kill the all-American positioning. I was wrong (and very surprised when they announced the 1125R).
Well, there goes your GMP-Nomination, right there...........
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:04 AM   #34
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
I sat next to Miguel Duhamel on the flight home from Daytona today. Whaddaya say we take up a collection and get him on a Buell?! Still one of the toughest and coolest racers ever.
Team MO! You think there's enough bodywork to get everyone's screen-name on it?

Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 12:16 PM   #35
pdad13
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
Well, there goes your GMP-Nomination, right there...........
Well, I think I'm still in the running. Remember, I was only wrong about Buell actually using a Rotax engine, not about the fact that it may undermine its position. I guess the jury's still out on that one.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 12:30 PM   #36
acecycleins
Founding Member

Quote:
That's how Larry Pegram ran his team two season's ago. He got fans to send checks of a few hundred dollars to a few thousand (I sponsored his bike at Rd ATL in 2007). They get a mention, tickets to their desired race and lunch with Larry and his family. It worked, too. He had great results and it was all done for about $300k for the season.

Kevin- when are you going to hit Las Vegas Harley with your idea. It's Miguel's home away from home, right? So, go to them and get two bikes. Find a bunch of small sponsors and tell me when you need a mechanic. I know a Ducati/MV Master Tech that is humbly working as a service writer right now because the shop he was at closed. Oh- he used to work for Ferracci.
Call Build Mometum's Ed K (I'm not spelling his last name)- he's the guy behind all of Larry's funding- to get you going. Let us know when it's time to chip in. If we could get every member to chip in $50-100 we could all be part of MOron Racing.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:58 PM   #37
SmokeU
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRWolf View Post
There were 750 Secas and in Canada we had the 900 Seca also. I don't know if it was sold in the US.

Get on Google and you'll find info on the Seca II's which also became the "Diversion".

There was a Turbo 750 Seca that James Bond rode.
SmokeU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 04:41 PM   #38
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
Let us know when it's time to chip in. If we could get every member to chip in $50-100 we could all be part of MOron Racing.
If you get this going, count me in!
Old 03-09-2009, 04:42 PM   #39
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeU View Post
There was a Turbo 750 Seca that James Bond rode.
Sweet! I'm gonna have to Google that one.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:39 PM   #40
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
If you get this going, count me in!
Can we make Airhawk the ugliest Umbrella Girl ever?
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote