Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2010 Honda Fury Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/10930-2010-honda-fury-review.html)

Administrator 02-27-2009 09:54 AM

2010 Honda Fury Review

Original Article:
2010 Honda Fury Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2010 Honda Fury Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

longride 02-27-2009 10:04 AM

"There’s irony in the fact that Honda, the “nicest people” company, is now building what in our modern vernacular is a chopper, a genre previously associated with ne’er-do-wells, tattoos and hard living. "

Pretty much tells me every thing I need to know about the 'Fury'. A cool, badass chopper for the rest of us! It went from Honda chiding Harley for building an 'inferior' V-Twin in the 80's, to this. How far the mighty have fallen.

seruzawa 02-27-2009 10:33 AM

So, what happens when someone goes in to a turn too hot? Does the frame tweak and spit the rider into the abutment just like the bikes it copies? Is the Furry as dangerous to ride over a crawl as the gold-plated garbage it mimics?

Kevin_Duke 02-27-2009 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 205846)
So, what happens when someone goes in to a turn too hot? Does the frame tweak and spit the rider into the abutment just like the bikes it copies? Is the Furry as dangerous to ride over a crawl as the gold-plated garbage it mimics?

Perhaps you missed the part about being "surprisingly sure-footed." To clarify, it handles well up to the limits imposed by its footpegs. Really, this thing works amazingly well for what it is.

Buzglyd 02-27-2009 11:33 AM

Ahem!

We spent a day cruising around the Pacific Coast in northern San Diego County, putting the Fury to the test in a variety of cruiser-type environments.

And not even a phone call? I could have directed you to the best carne asada in town!

Kevin_Duke 02-27-2009 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 205852)
We spent a day cruising around the Pacific Coast in northern San Diego County, putting the Fury to the test in a variety of cruiser-type environments.

And not even a phone call? I could have directed you to the best carne asada in town!

While that sounds appealing, it would be difficult to top the triple-decker Super Reuben I had!

seruzawa 02-27-2009 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke (Post 205850)
Perhaps you missed the part about being "surprisingly sure-footed." To clarify, it handles well up to the limits imposed by its footpegs. Really, this thing works amazingly well for what it is.

I missed the part where it was taken into a 35mph turn at 45 mph.

The_AirHawk 02-27-2009 11:49 AM

Nice article. I actually do like the looks of that matte-silver and black/red pinstripe model, with the blue being a close second. Not enough to buy one, though. And I believe the World needs another chopper like it needs another random terrorist attack.

What ever happened to the Honda Motorcycle Company? You know - the company that made bikes like the RC30, the RC45 or that crazy oval-piston 32-valve V-4 creation spawned by them?

Innovation, novel Engineering - all those things by the wayside to create....... choppers........ (and about 3-5 years too damn late, too)

Buzglyd 02-27-2009 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke (Post 205853)
While that sounds appealing, it would be difficult to top the triple-decker Super Reuben I had!

And where did you find such a gastronomic delight? Milton's in Del Mar?

Buzglyd 02-27-2009 12:05 PM

Well I have to say Honda has done a nice job with this. I particularly like the way they did the gas tank and frame rails.

However, isn't Honda a little late to the chopper party? The economic situation notwithstanding, choppers are so yesterday. It's all about the bobber/rat bike right now.