Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2010 Honda Fury Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/10930-2010-honda-fury-review.html)

Dr_Sprocket 02-28-2009 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke (Post 205946)
The Valk is def a cool bike, and that six-cylinder motor is one of the sweetest in any two-wheeler. But touting its longer range and comfort over the Fury is a bit of an apples and oranges exercise. Though both cruisers, the Fury surely appeals to a different market and demographic. Honda wants the Fury to appeal to everything from Gen Y to Boomers but says Gen X is the biggest target. The Valk appeals to an older, more experienced demo.

LOL! "... older, more experienced demo" sums it up pretty well. I don't have a problem with the Valkyrie. I have a problem with someone seeking approval for riding one. My point: Who the heck cares what other people think of your ride? If you like it, just get out there and ride. (And why would you want to compare your 6 year old bike to a modern bike, anyway?)

A friend of mine had a Valk with Cobra exhausts. That thing was LOUD, but man it sounded cool! (It wouldn't have passed Crashley's sound test, though.)

Dr_Sprocket 02-28-2009 11:35 AM

Whew!

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrowningBAR (Post 205947)

Whew! At least I wasn't drinking anything this time! ;)

anrajala 02-28-2009 11:35 AM

AirHawk you are a gentleman

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 205855)
Innovation, novel Engineering - all those things by the wayside to create....... choppers........ (and about 3-5 years too damn late, too)

As usual you are being too polite AirHawk. I would say 30-50 years too damn late. A cutting edge chopper with 1300cc in anno domini 2009? In one word: fuggendahl.

- cruiz-euro

anrajala 02-28-2009 11:49 AM

Safe traffic training basics

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 205879)
we're next to him a few miles later in Bonney Lake and all of a sudden this clown realizes that we live in the same town and maybe I could follow him home and see where he lives. At that point he's all meek and mild, both hands on the wheel staring straight ahead even though I'm sitting next to him at the light looking right at him...

Come on Sarnali but where was your double barreled 12 gauge? Pump action is of course for the performance minded, but nothing beats double barrel knocking at your side window.

- cruiz-euro

anrajala 02-28-2009 12:04 PM

Tijuana in my mind

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 205900)
I didn't say bobbers and rat bikes are the future. They are the now. Ride around SoCal which always jumps on the fads first and you'll see.

Thanks for telling us to look to the Euros again for everything. You might see those Euro customs in bike mags but on the streets it's cheap scooters.

Of course with our new Obamaconomy on the way, that's all we're going to be able to afford too. At least our healthcare will be "free."

Buz let me out of my misery. I can't get the words in your picture but looking at it it's probably the guy having impotence problems, or then the girl has a bad yeast infection from the last Tijuana trip. So which one is it? Lets get this straight.

- cruiz-euro

BrowningBAR 02-28-2009 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anrajala (Post 205953)
Buz let me out of my misery. I can't get the words in your picture but looking at it it's probably the guy having impotence problems, or then the girl has a bad yeast infection from the last Tijuana trip. So which one is it? Lets get this straight.

- cruiz-euro

anrajala 02-28-2009 12:21 PM

Valk the talk

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrowningBAR (Post 205943)
The Valk is ignored because it hasn't been made in 6 years and did not sell well when it was in production. Don't get me wrong, it has a cult following and those that own them really like them. I always thought it was a neat concept. But, it was a poor selling model that is no longer in production.

I have never owned a Valk (yet) but I must agree its the bee's knees in the cruiser kingdom. My friend owns one and its one hell of a smooth power cruiser. In fact if I don't recall wrong it even won a MO Power Cruiser comparo few years back.

This silly 1300cc V2 chopper is not up to licking the boots of 96 rwhp boxer 6 Valk, long time gone.

- cruiz-euro

The_AirHawk 02-28-2009 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrowningBAR (Post 205954)

Later Biotch! I Fsked your Sister!

Tombiker1 02-28-2009 12:43 PM

I love the new Fury! I've had all kinds of bikes (most recently Hypermotard) and can find fun in just about anything with two wheels. The Fury is "late" only because big engineering-oriented companies like Honda take forever for new product development. This thing clearly came from the minds of the marketing guys, and they probably spent two years just convincing the engineers they had to make this. And the reason it's a 1300 is so they have something to trump it with in the next year or two- when sales of the 1300 begin to slump, you come out with the 1800 and everyone's excited again.

sarnali2 02-28-2009 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anrajala (Post 205952)
Come on Sarnali but where was your double barreled 12 gauge? Pump action is of course for the performance minded, but nothing beats double barrel knocking at your side window.

- cruiz-euro

No, in the car I use the old double barrel single shot. Sawed down to a managable 11 inches with hand carved pistol grip. Much easier for those on-the-go snap shots at errent motorists......