Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 02-28-2009, 08:05 AM   #51
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool Vtx1300z?

Nice bike no doubt, I guess to each his own. Dont really notice any difference in Honda making this bike from all the other bikes they have produced, other than its got a long rake. Still basiclly taking exsiting motors and stuffing them in different frames. Although they are pretty late to the party so to speak, Iam sure they'll sell a few.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-28-2009, 09:04 AM   #52
newagetwotone
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonF6 View Post
First Honda stops making the amazing Valkyrie, still the best ever Cruiser IMO...now this? Sure it looks cool, but for what? I guess if I was still 20 and trying to impress people. But how far are you going to ride with no storage or good passenger accommodations, not to mention a tiny tank?

I will stick with my 6 cylinder Valk. It impresses people without me even trying. In fact, stopping for gas is always a long ordeal, as people gather to ask about my bike. Plus, I can hop on and do 600+ days in the saddle in pure comfort.

Gag.

really you've posted twice recently bragging about your bike...hm... making up for something?
newagetwotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 09:49 AM   #53
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagetwotone View Post
Gag.

really you've posted twice recently bragging about your bike...hm... making up for something?
You are mistaken. That isn't the bike he is referring to. He is talking about the original Valk:

Last edited by BrowningBAR : 02-28-2009 at 09:55 AM.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 10:12 AM   #54
DragonF6
Registered Member

Quote:
Gag.

So...are you clear now on which bike I am talking about? NOT THE RUNE.

I am not bragging I just get sick of the Valkyrie being ignored. I have ridden many bikes over many years, and it so superior to the others, it is amazing. I mean look at that engine (see avatar).

As for my "making up for something"...you must have me confused with someone riding a HD.

Last edited by BrowningBAR : 02-28-2009 at 11:23 AM. Reason: took picture out
DragonF6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 10:29 AM   #55
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:

I am not bragging I just get sick of the Valkyrie being ignored. I have ridden many bikes over many years, and it so superior to the others, it is amazing. I mean look at that engine (see avatar).

As for my "making up for something"...you must have me confused with someone riding a HD.
The Valk is ignored because it hasn't been made in 6 years and did not sell well when it was in production. Don't get me wrong, it has a cult following and those that own them really like them. I always thought it was a neat concept. But, it was a poor selling model that is no longer in production.

Last edited by BrowningBAR : 02-28-2009 at 10:57 AM.
Old 02-28-2009, 10:48 AM   #56
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Default Ride with pride...

Quote:
I am not bragging I just get sick of the Valkyrie being ignored. I have ridden many bikes over many years, and it so superior to the others, it is amazing.
If it's so superior, then who the heck cares if it gets ignored?! You'll be the only one (in the club) knowing just how cool it is. All others will be neophytes. If acceptance and approval is what you're looking for, then just get it over with and buy a Harley.

IMHO, the Valkyrie is (was) a decent bike, just not universally accepted by the masses. So?
Old 02-28-2009, 11:00 AM   #57
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Oh i don't know I thought it was a rolling turd when they came out and I havn't seen much to change my mind since then. The few of them I have actually seen on the road were made up to try to look like Harleys with the fringe saddlebags and concho seats. Why didn't you just buy the real thing in the first place if that's what you were after?

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 11:02 AM   #58
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
If it's so superior, then who the heck cares if it gets ignored?! You'll be the only one (in the club) knowing just how cool it is. All others will be neophytes. If acceptance and approval is what you're looking for, then just get it over with and buy a Harley.

IMHO, the Valkyrie is (was) a decent bike, just not universally accepted by the masses. So?
The Valk is def a cool bike, and that six-cylinder motor is one of the sweetest in any two-wheeler. But touting its longer range and comfort over the Fury is a bit of an apples and oranges exercise. Though both cruisers, the Fury surely appeals to a different market and demographic. Honda wants the Fury to appeal to everything from Gen Y to Boomers but says Gen X is the biggest target. The Valk appeals to an older, more experienced demo.
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 11:08 AM   #59
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
Oh i don't know I thought it was a rolling turd when they came out and I havn't seen much to change my mind since then. The few of them I have actually seen on the road were made up to try to look like Harleys with the fringe saddlebags and concho seats. Why didn't you just buy the real thing in the first place if that's what you were after?
Old 02-28-2009, 11:14 AM   #60
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Gag.

Quote:

You get sick of it being ignored. Are moto-magazines suppposed to continue to talk about bikes that were "ignored" by Honda a long time ago?

You're argument has no more relevance than me bytching that a Vincent Black Shadow wasn't included in the test.

Last edited by BrowningBAR : 02-28-2009 at 11:23 AM.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote