Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 02-27-2009, 01:18 PM   #11
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Ignoring the whole "late to the chopper party" thing, I am extremely surprised at the price point. 13 grand for a bike that does look different most mass produced cruisers is a hell of a selling point. And it looks a hell of a lot better than the rest of Honda's cruiser line.

You can knock the chopper gimmick all you want (and I have done so plenty of times) but the pricing will cause problems/changes for a lot of custom shops (that are left) and other cruiser producers. I wouldn't be shocked to see Yamaha tweak the Raider and Suzuki and Kawasaki to add something to their line up if the Furry has any success.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-27-2009, 01:29 PM   #12
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

$12,999

Astounding. Kiss the competition goodbye.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:33 PM   #13
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Are they going to sell bolt on accessories with it so you can 'make it your own'??? You know, the ones that everyone else buys to 'make it their own'
Old 02-27-2009, 01:35 PM   #14
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
Are they going to sell bolt on accessories with it so you can 'make it your own'??? You know, the ones that everyone else buys to 'make it their own'
Bike Week: 300,000 rugged individualists, riding the same brand of motorcycle, wearing the same style of clothes.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:43 PM   #15
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
If they are smart they will.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:53 PM   #16
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

So Honda is 'Following the Leader" (Harley)down that path? It appears they are. Maybe if they slap a couple of Harley badges on, the transformation will be complete! I find the whole thing fascinating, how the motorcycling world has turned since the 80's. So much for the 'Honda Hoot', it's now the 'Phony Harley Hoot'! What a hoot!
Old 02-27-2009, 02:05 PM   #17
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
Ignoring the whole "late to the chopper party" thing, I am extremely surprised at the price point. 13 grand for a bike that does look different most mass produced cruisers is a hell of a selling point. And it looks a hell of a lot better than the rest of Honda's cruiser line.

You can knock the chopper gimmick all you want (and I have done so plenty of times) but the pricing will cause problems/changes for a lot of custom shops (that are left) and other cruiser producers. I wouldn't be shocked to see Yamaha tweak the Raider and Suzuki and Kawasaki to add something to their line up if the Furry has any success.
I'm just surprised to see TWO bikes from Honda that meet a reasonable price point for a change. Considering that Honda charges the same for an 800cc bike that Triumph does for a 1050cc bike I never expected to see the Furry and the 230 DPs to come in at comparatively low prices.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:06 PM   #18
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Bike Week: 300,000 rugged individualists, riding the same brand of motorcycle, wearing the same style of clothes.
.... drinking the same beer, sleeping with the same woman.....
Old 02-27-2009, 02:28 PM   #19
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
I'm just surprised to see TWO bikes from Honda that meet a reasonable price point for a change. Considering that Honda charges the same for an 800cc bike that Triumph does for a 1050cc bike I never expected to see the Furry and the 230 DPs to come in at comparatively low prices.
I thought for sure the starting price was going to be in the neighborhood of 20 grand.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:59 PM   #20
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Well taken on it's own merits it looks like a pretty decent bike for a decent price. I think for what it is it's pretty nice looking and I'm sure they'll sell a few, ABS is a big plus.

I suppose we could go off on a tangent about the dichotomy of a stock Honda factory "chopper" with fake cooling fins, fake air cleaner, fake rigid frame and plastic covers as opposed to a bike someone has bought, stripped and modified themselves but that's the way of it today, all image with nothing to back it up with.

Reminds me of the schmuck that flipped me off last night while I was driving in my cage with my daughter. I made a lane change on the freeway that upset this guy so he pulls along side in his pick-up flipping me off and yelling away...I just looked at him and kept going. he passes me again flipping me off and still yelling so I just laughed at him and went ahead, low and behold we're next to him a few miles later in Bonney Lake and all of a sudden this clown realizes that we live in the same town and maybe I could follow him home and see where he lives. At that point he's all meek and mild, both hands on the wheel staring straight ahead even though I'm sitting next to him at the light looking right at him.....kinda' like a chopper with plastic fins and plastic covers.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote