Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 03-05-2009, 08:30 AM   #131
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
We always suspected that you were someone who didn't wear pants.

I have like two pairs of Carhartt double fronts for work and riding and seven pairs of shorts plus my Aerostitch. most of the time I wear shorts under the 'stitch....that might be an issue with the kilt. I don't want to go commando in my Dariens, I don't imagine Goretex would feel very good on my tender yet shapely boo-tex....

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-05-2009, 08:44 AM   #132
newagetwotone
Registered Member

Yea... i never go commando. One cold day crossing one of our 8-bazillion bridges here i got a quick and hard gust of wind. glad i wasn't commando then and wont do it anytime soon O_O
newagetwotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 12:50 AM   #133
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
No, no, we may be onto something here.......The question is are all the welds sloppy in the same place?

If they are then that would show a design intent otherwise the first QA guy in the little blue Honda hat that spotted it would have a coronary and stop the line. The weld robot programmer would immediately attempt to commit seppuku for his disgrace .. (I watched Shogun ya' know).. The robot would be reprogrammed to dump trash cans or something and order would be restored.

Of course the Japanese are both clever and shifty little devils, just look at Cuddy. They could have programmed random errors into the welding process for that true one of a kind look.......even though no beady-eyed QA man would let that slip either, the results would be the same. A bloody mess on the welding deck and a life (?) of drugery for the robotic miscreant.....

Yup, I definately smell conspiricy here boys.......
No conspiracy here. Honda tells us those welds on the early-production bikes we sampled will be cleaner on later-production bikes. Now you have info no one else yet does.
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:54 AM   #134
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke View Post
No conspiracy here. Honda tells us those welds on the early-production bikes we sampled will be cleaner on later-production bikes. Now you have info no one else yet does.

Pffffft....smoke and mirrors! now that we're on to them they have to come up with some excuse or everyone will know how they tried such a lame marketing trick!!

Once again folks you read it on MO first....Hush Hush and Always on the Level...

Old 03-16-2009, 08:14 PM   #135
gas_pig
Founding Member

Yawn. Yet one more Honda product I wouldn't even think about owning.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:12 PM   #136
jjn
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
Well taken on it's own merits it looks like a pretty decent bike for a decent price. I think for what it is it's pretty nice looking and I'm sure they'll sell a few, ABS is a big plus.

I suppose we could go off on a tangent about the dichotomy of a stock Honda factory "chopper" with fake cooling fins, fake air cleaner, fake rigid frame and plastic covers as opposed to a bike someone has bought, stripped and modified themselves but that's the way of it today, all image with nothing to back it up with.

Reminds me of the schmuck that flipped me off last night while I was driving in my cage with my daughter. I made a lane change on the freeway that upset this guy so he pulls along side in his pick-up flipping me off and yelling away...I just looked at him and kept going. he passes me again flipping me off and still yelling so I just laughed at him and went ahead, low and behold we're next to him a few miles later in Bonney Lake and all of a sudden this clown realizes that we live in the same town and maybe I could follow him home and see where he lives. At that point he's all meek and mild, both hands on the wheel staring straight ahead even though I'm sitting next to him at the light looking right at him.....kinda' like a chopper with plastic fins and plastic covers.

Well no wonder. You live in Bonney Lake! It wasn't too bad up there when we moved there in 1978. We got the hell out about 4 years ago when someone made us an offer we couldn't refuse for our place on Lake Tapps. It's a terrible place to live now. Totally uncontrolled growth. Zero planning. Bad traffic on Hwy 410. No wonder people up there are grumpy.

We moved down to Puyallup, and not on South Hill (almost as bad as Bonney Lake), but into old town Puyallup on the flatlands.

jon
jjn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 09:32 PM   #137
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

There's some nice places down there, I moved up here from Auburn in 1993 so it's definately changed

Old 03-20-2010, 09:39 PM   #138
jjn
Registered Member

I do miss some nice back road rides around Bonney Lake though. Lots of nice riding starting just a stones-throw away from our old place.

jon
jjn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 12:24 PM   #139
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Back on topic for a sec: The Fury was the best-selling metric cruiser of 2009.
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 08:28 PM   #140
trenttheuncatchable
Founding Member

Duke, where do you get the numbers from? Got a link?
trenttheuncatchable is offline   Reply With Quote