Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2010 Honda Fury Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/10930-2010-honda-fury-review.html)

sarnali2 03-03-2009 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 206228)
One place I worked, the Boiler Chemical Salesmook was named "Don Manlove". As bad as "Creech" is (my own name), were it "Manlove", I would surely change it to "Smith" or "Hussein" or "Crapper" or something other than that..............

yeah, there's a lot worse names than "Taylor" other than taking up 15 pages in the metro phone book.....

You could tell everyone you were related to Papa John Creech..'ceptin' him bein' black and all........

nferr 03-03-2009 10:05 AM

Isn't the Star Raider about the same price? 1900cc, belt drive, air-cooled, dual front discs. This Fury is a joke at that price. I don't get it.

Kevin_Duke 03-03-2009 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nferr (Post 206236)
Isn't the Star Raider about the same price? 1900cc, belt drive, air-cooled, dual front discs. This Fury is a joke at that price. I don't get it.

You're close: 1854cc and $900 more expensive. If you're looking for performance in a cruiser, the Raider is an easy choice. If you're looking for maximum curbside appeal, the Fury is the bike for you. Different strokes...

Tombiker1 03-03-2009 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newagetwotone (Post 206188)
Maybe they need a brain scan? Of all of the harleys out there the V-rod is probably the best looking except maybe the XR1200

LOL! Yes, what they say about beauty in the eye of the beholder is true (thankfully). Harley dealers, for the most part, haven't been able to sell many V-Rods since the bikes came out. I once bought one, brand new, that had been sitting on the dealer's floor for almost two years. It was a neat bike to ride (once I changed the ergonomics) but, I'm sorry, it was fugly. I'm glad you like it though!!

newagetwotone 03-03-2009 12:46 PM

What did you change with the Ergos?

Tombiker1 03-03-2009 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newagetwotone (Post 206250)
What did you change with the Ergos?

Swapped the handlebars for some "drag" bars, which made it far more comfortable, a huge difference. I'd rather lean slightly forward than backward. The forward controls still kinda sucked, but my inseam is long enough to reach them.

newagetwotone 03-04-2009 08:16 AM

Yea... Love the looks but don't like the idea of giving birth on wheels. I think it could be a fun bike with drag bars and mid mount or rear sets

Duken4evr 03-04-2009 05:09 PM

The Fury will be on fire sale in 2010 for under 10 grand and will disappear soon after that. Grab one then and own a "collectors item".

On that note, a friend of mine just picked up a new ZX14 for $9,100 OTD. The economy sucks bad, and dealers are desperate to move inventory.

newagetwotone 03-04-2009 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 206140)
Cool, I wear baggy shorts most of the time. I'll wind up with a Survival model before long. I only wear pants on the bike

Girlfriends, fiances ect should never be aloud to have a camera. Oh well still. $30 kilt, i love clearance racks.

On a side note thats an old ass picture but i clearly remember that it was 1 in the AM and about 25 degrees out that night.... man was it cold...

seruzawa 03-05-2009 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 206140)
I only wear pants on the bike

We always suspected that you were someone who didn't wear pants.