Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 02-20-2009, 03:01 PM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

Default Quarter-Liter Supermoto Shootout

Original Article:
<a href="http://www.motorcycle.com//shoot-outs/quarterliter-supermoto-shootout-87985.html">Quarter-Liter Supermoto Shootout</a>

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Quarter-Liter Supermoto Shootout in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-20-2009, 03:13 PM   #2
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Sweet.

BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 04:15 PM   #3
ViciousVulcan
Registered Member

Why was the Honda CRF230M not reviewed with Yamaha and Kawasaki...is it because you were afraid to pit a mear 230 against the two 250s?...muwahahaha!
ViciousVulcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 06:38 PM   #4
mjs
Founding Member

Default Only a 250

Sure seems like a lot of money for a 250 street bike. I would hope to get a 350 or 400 for those bucks. Takes me back to the days of my 250 Sprint. Now that was a MACHINE!!!
mjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 06:41 PM   #5
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViciousVulcan View Post
Why was the Honda CRF230M not reviewed with Yamaha and Kawasaki...is it because you were afraid to pit a mear 230 against the two 250s?...muwahahaha!
It was probably because Honda didn't make one available to them.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:20 PM   #6
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Default Uhhh...

Uhhh... usually I have nothing but high praise for your reviews. However...

You justified testing at a cart track, in part due to the number of turns to test the "vehicle's binders". Yet, there was only one off-handed comment about braking. Did I miss something?

And what's a supermoto shootout without at least one stoppie photo? I'm not sayin'... I'm just sayin'.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:39 PM   #7
newagetwotone
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViciousVulcan View Post
To make you look like an idiot? "Muwahahaha"? WTF?
newagetwotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:17 PM   #8
newagetwotone
Registered Member

Oh wait there is a line in the article:

" The air-cooled Honda CRF230M would be outgunned in this group so we simply lined up the new-for-’09 Kawi KLX250SF against the WR250X that Yamaha debuted in 2008."

Hm...
newagetwotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:21 PM   #9
SuperMotoMike
Registered Member

Default yami vs. kawi 250's...

I was out at Adams the other day when you guys were doing this comparo, and was dissapointed at how little you were pushing these bikes, no slidding, no hooliganism, just fairly mundane, sensible ridding. I watched as you ticked off lap after slow lap and though you were just warming up the tires, but the pace never really heated up...

I'd like to have seen the bikes pushed a bit to see how they manage when ridden a bit harder, instead it was just "circulating"...

Anyways, thanks for the impressions of the seat height, build quality etc, but maybe next time up the pace a little so that we can get an idea of what the limits of these $5,000.00 "starter" bikes are. In this economy, and when you can get a DRZ400 for just a few bucks more, this article just leaves me with a lot of questions...
SuperMotoMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:28 PM   #10
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagetwotone View Post
Oh wait there is a line in the article:

" The air-cooled Honda CRF230M would be outgunned in this group so we simply lined up the new-for-’09 Kawi KLX250SF against the WR250X that Yamaha debuted in 2008."

Hm...
You learn the damnedest things by readin'...