Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 02-23-2009, 12:37 PM   #41
anrajala
Founding Member

Default Cruiser doubles as a sledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
If you lean any size bike over far enough it'll slide, In fact Doug is sliding one on the cover of the Wr250x brochure? Backin it in, hell of lawnmower?
Sure thingy. You lean my Fatso over far enough and it slides on the footrest. And how 'bout this: more speed the further it slides. I bet you didn't think of that. Don't let your foot get trapped underneath.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-23-2009, 01:06 PM   #42
anrajala
Founding Member

Default Nice shirt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
1,351 stupid posts and counting. I think we should all chip in and buy you a shirt that reflects your intellect, skills, and experience:

Good looking shirt, where did your mother buy it? Of course I have myself the much coveted Che Gabevara shirt already but a nice thought nevertheless.

- cruiz-euro
Old 02-23-2009, 03:57 PM   #43
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagetwotone View Post
Well may-b u should geet a edumacation an learn that thar readin and peoples wouldnt not point out the obvious to you. Not to mention you come on here criticize these guys for the reviews with out reading it. Oh wait, you said you did, i guess you just skipped that little paragraph about the honda, which, 20ccs or not STILL makes ten less horsepower than the others....

'xcuse me while i's go and figures out how ta works that thar macrowav cause i'ms a idiot. yuck yuck
Get him!! Get him!!
Old 02-23-2009, 04:20 PM   #44
sfcdjevans
Registered Member

"...the much coveted Che Gabevara shirt ..." Now there is a trophy.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:36 PM   #45
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrajala View Post
Sure thingy. You lean my Fatso over far enough and it slides on the footrest. And how 'bout this: more speed the further it slides. I bet you didn't think of that. Don't let your foot get trapped underneath.

- cruiz-euro
Actually I do it on crf50s with scooter tires on the pavement at my shop, even with my big butt on their it will still only do 30mph and that thing will slide!
Old 02-24-2009, 01:12 AM   #46
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
If I sold Hondas I'd be really p!ssed if they put it in the comparo.
LOL! I don't want to be too hard on the new CRF-M, which I'm sure is a nice, rider-friendly package for beginner riders. But the CRF-L had only 14 hp or so, and it was enough of a stretch putting the 20-horse KLX against the 28hp WR.

And if we had trouble "slidden" the rear tire of the WR on pavement, imagine our frustration trying to safely break the back end loose on the CRF!

Gotta run now. I'll be riding the new Fury in a few hours. Try to keep the Honda flames below wildfire status!
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 02:12 PM   #47
anrajala
Founding Member

Default Moped also rises

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Actually I do it on crf50s with scooter tires on the pavement at my shop, even with my big butt on their it will still only do 30mph and that thing will slide!
Sliding mopeds in your shop, brilliant. I couldn't have thought of that myself.

- cruiz-euro
Old 02-24-2009, 09:47 PM   #48
tripleripple
Founding Member

Location: Lightly Fortified Compound (apartment): Chicago, IL
Default Seriously?

I love these types of bikes. I really, really want one. I can totally see their appeal as a second or, more likely, third bike. That said, if anyone would pay $6200 for one, I'd call them an idiot. To me, that's an insane amount of money for a glorified dirtbike.
tripleripple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 06:36 PM   #49
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleripple View Post
I love these types of bikes. I really, really want one. I can totally see their appeal as a second or, more likely, third bike. That said, if anyone would pay $6200 for one, I'd call them an idiot. To me, that's an insane amount of money for a glorified dirtbike.

Agreed. Now that we have the mini-moto comparo winner, it would be nice to see the Yamaha go up against the Suzuki DR-Z400SM. It there really no replacement for displacement?
Old 02-25-2009, 06:59 PM   #50
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
Agreed. Now that we have the mini-moto comparo winner, it would be nice to see the Yamaha go up against the Suzuki DR-Z400SM. It there really no replacement for displacement?
Sounds like fun. It'll be up to Suzuki to supply one.
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote