Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 02-21-2009, 01:05 PM   #21
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

If someone would just give me a WR250X, a Ninja 250r, and a Triumph Bonneville you will never her from me again. I promise.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-21-2009, 01:21 PM   #22
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Default Pleeeeze?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke View Post
Yes, the are two mentions of the brakes... Refer to my above post for elaboration.
My second post was not bust on you - just a bust on myself. Can you ever forgive me?
Old 02-21-2009, 03:17 PM   #23
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Looks like highside city...

Well a 250 is still a two fifty, and being a person who has owned a bunch of four striker two fifty's over the years, putting sticky tires on 'em and trying to slide one on a go cart track would be a high siding experience.

You need some poop to keep that rear wheel spinning.

Last edited by mscuddy : 02-21-2009 at 03:33 PM.
mscuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 04:12 PM   #24
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
My second post was not bust on you - just a bust on myself. Can you ever forgive me?
I'll forgive you if you promise to keep coming back to read my articles. Or at least look at the pictures.
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 04:13 PM   #25
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscuddy View Post
Well a 250 is still a two fifty, and being a person who has owned a bunch of four striker two fifty's over the years, putting sticky tires on 'em and trying to slide one on a go cart track would be a high siding experience.

You need some poop to keep that rear wheel spinning.
I once did a spiral fracture of my tibia high-siding a 250 supermoto. Not mundane at all!
Old 02-21-2009, 04:27 PM   #26
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
I once did a spiral fracture of my tibia high-siding a 250 supermoto. Not mundane at all!
Yeah, I'll pass on on that!
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 09:12 PM   #27
SuperMotoMike
Registered Member

Quote:
Feel free to spend four years in journalism school and come gunning for my job. Oh, and don't crash a press bike or you might lose it. I haven't spent 12 years in this business because I'm the fastest guy on a bike, and that's okay with me.

And what might've looked mundane to you sure was a riot to me!
Hey, I don't want your job! I just want a review that offers more insight than the factory brochure. You know a test where the rider finds out what the bikes are really made of.

I figured that you took the bikes to a closed course for a reason. Silly me, I thought that the reason was to push them a bit and see what they'd do and how well they'd do it.

I guess I was wrong, and that it was just for the photo op, because you could've ridden both of these bikes JUST as hard on the street without breaking or even bending a single law...
SuperMotoMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 10:39 AM   #28
anrajala
Founding Member

Default Slidding

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMotoMike View Post
I was out at Adams the other day when you guys were doing this comparo, and was dissapointed at how little you were pushing these bikes, no slidding, no hooliganism, just fairly mundane, sensible ridding. I watched as you ticked off lap after slow lap and though you were just warming up the tires, but the pace never really heated up...
I don't understand what kind of "slidding" you are talking about. Power slides? Rolling burnouts? These are 20 hp lawnmovers for gossakes, with sticky street tires and a fat bastard of a motojournalist on top. There is not going to be much slidding and if there is, its soon not going to look pretty.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 10:53 AM   #29
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMotoMike View Post
Hey, I don't want your job! I just want a review that offers more insight than the factory brochure. You know a test where the rider finds out what the bikes are really made of.

I figured that you took the bikes to a closed course for a reason. Silly me, I thought that the reason was to push them a bit and see what they'd do and how well they'd do it.

I guess I was wrong, and that it was just for the photo op, because you could've ridden both of these bikes JUST as hard on the street without breaking or even bending a single law...

When you're dragging pegs on stock street tires, there's not too much further to push. And the race-prepped DR-Z400 with sticky tires that was at Adams that day (you perhaps...?) wasn't much faster than we were considering it had at least double the horsepower of our choked-up little KLX250.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:09 AM   #30
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Gee, I wonder how a (gasp) go-cart would have done on that go-cart track? Go-Cart.com perhaps. hahhahha, just kidding.

Talking with BAR a few scant seconds ago, and we both agreed paying over 5K for a two-fifty in this rotten economy is nuts, 'specially when you can find a 3 year old DR400 for around $1,500.00, lower the suspension and put some street tires on it (21 inch front wheel not withstanding).

While there are nice bikes, I don't see too many folks plunking down their hard cash for a 250cc stooper motard. No matter how trick looking it is, it's still a two fifty street bike.