Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 02-24-2009, 09:09 PM   #51
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Still avoiding the question or did I miss something? Did you or did you not Dyno multiple 09CBRs? Cause dynoing the same bike on diffenrent Dynos isnt going to tell you anything? Kevin?
Are you bored and decided you wanted to be snarky with the writer of the article? Or did you just have left over question marks at the end of the day that you needed to use?
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-24-2009, 10:29 PM   #52
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Still avoiding the question or did I miss something? Did you or did you not Dyno multiple 09CBRs? Cause dynoing the same bike on diffenrent Dynos isnt going to tell you anything? Kevin?
We dynoed one bike. Other people have dynoed other CBRs and gotten similar results.
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 12:41 PM   #53
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke View Post
We dynoed one bike. Other people have dynoed other CBRs and gotten similar results.
Cool, just wondering Kevin just didnt get an direct answer from you.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:46 PM   #54
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
Are you bored and decided you wanted to be snarky with the writer of the article? Or did you just have left over question marks at the end of the day that you needed to use?
No no he never answered my question. Just because you ran one bike doesnt tell you what other same model years are pumping out. There can be differences of 8hp or more from the years I'v ran them.
Old 02-25-2009, 01:36 PM   #55
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Cool, just wondering Kevin just didnt get an direct answer from you.
NP, MOKE. Part of our job is to provide answers to questions. We're still investigating this situation. We still don't have information about what else is changed besides the exhaust valve, i.e. electronically. We're also looking into what's needed to disable the systems, but the OEMs are understandably, for legal reasons, tight lipped.
Old 02-25-2009, 01:48 PM   #56
FearlessKnight
Banned

Default Go to the GYM

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
It's just an old joke......before your time.
I am so flatttered you rememberd my qoute LR. Well going to the gym helps with my new ZX-6R (more agressive riding position than my old ZX-6R), riding horses, and of course with the ladies. Next time I go to Chicago we can go to the gym together. The ellipitical (one with arms too) is the best for riding bikes and horses. I fininsh up with 100 roman char situps.

Last edited by FearlessKnight : 02-25-2009 at 01:50 PM.
FearlessKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 01:23 PM   #57
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke View Post
NP, MOKE. Part of our job is to provide answers to questions. We're still investigating this situation. We still don't have information about what else is changed besides the exhaust valve, i.e. electronically. We're also looking into what's needed to disable the systems, but the OEMs are understandably, for legal reasons, tight lipped.
Cool, tight lipped as always, nothings changed their, lets us know when you find out.

Last edited by MOKE1K : 02-26-2009 at 08:27 PM.
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 08:35 AM   #58
Wyatt963
Registered Member

Hey Kevin, thanks for the review of these bikes on the street. This is where 90% of us will actually ride these bikes, not the track. I understand the track reviews because it allows you to push the bikes to their limits, I however find your street opinions much more use full in what I am looking for in a bike. Is it possible for you list the rider triangle dimensions as well, this would give us a better understanding of how folded up a rider would be. Once again, great article, and great website, I always come here first to look for new reviews, and articles.
Wyatt963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 01:39 AM   #59
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt963 View Post
Hey Kevin, thanks for the review of these bikes on the street. This is where 90% of us will actually ride these bikes, not the track. I understand the track reviews because it allows you to push the bikes to their limits, I however find your street opinions much more use full in what I am looking for in a bike. Is it possible for you list the rider triangle dimensions as well, this would give us a better understanding of how folded up a rider would be. Once again, great article, and great website, I always come here first to look for new reviews, and articles.
Thanks for the kudos! We don't currently have the ability to accurately measure rider ergos, so hopefully our descriptions in text give you a good idea how riders of various sizes fit.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:43 AM   #60
Steve B
Registered Member

So when are you guys going to get around to bumping the Daytona and the ZX6 together? "Next month" was March, after all...
Steve B is offline   Reply With Quote