Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 02-17-2009, 07:33 PM   #31
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Yeah we know, Obamas fault...
Well, actually no that's not the reason. But it's good tp see that your training is progressing satisfactorily. Soon your journey to the dark side complete will be.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-17-2009, 07:35 PM   #32
MOKE1K
Registered Member

It’s a rare event when Valentino Rossi doesn’t finish on a GP podium. It’s even rarer when a sportbike doesn’t make as much power as it did the year before, but that’s what we have here in the curious case of missing ponies.

Slicing hairs is a good analogy when it comes to the six hundred supersport class. Its more of a prefrance, as to which one fits your style better if you ask me.

I do wonder how much of this difference in hp may very well be due to assembly line imperfections? Running another 09 Honda on a dyno might give some answers? See if they are similar?

I realize also these engines are gaining weight from oversized exhaust and losing power all in the name of emissions or decebl levels. The losing power part is easily curable with some safety-wire while still retaining the stock exhaust. How is the Chp these days with after market exhaust? Heard a rumor that most are running stock exhaust over their?

Last edited by MOKE1K : 02-24-2009 at 07:43 PM.
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 07:50 PM   #33
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
I do wonder how much of this difference in hp may very well be due to assembly line imperfections? Running another 09 Honda on a dyno might give some answers? See if they are similar?

I realize also these engines are gaining weight from oversized exhaust and losing power all in the name of emissions or decebl levels. The losing power part is easily curable with some safety-wire while still retaining the stock exhaust. How is the Chp these days with after market exhaust? Heard a rumor that most are running stock exhaust over their?
The hp loss was verified on other dynos. The reason is noise emissions.

I still hear lots of loud pipes around SoCal. Not sure if they're enforcing things differently.
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 08:17 PM   #34
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrajala View Post
I believe the real Sarnali is tied up and gagged in some shed south of the border. Probably over an issue involving lots of fake pot and prostitutes. He was that kind of a guy.

- cruiz-euro

Foul lies and vicious gossip!!

It was Oregano to supply my penchant for Italian cooking and the young lady was a street urchin I had taken under my wing in order to expose her to the benefits of Christianity.....she was merely overcome with emotion and showing her gratitude in a somewhat tactile manner....

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 09:29 PM   #35
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
Foul lies and vicious gossip!!

It was Oregano to supply my penchant for Italian cooking and the young lady was a street urchin I had taken under my wing in order to expose her to the benefits of Christianity.....she was merely overcome with emotion and showing her gratitude in a somewhat tactile manner....
She asked him what Jesus' views on fellatio was, so he replied "My Dear, I have no idea what fellatio is." So she proceeded to show him.

Then, the next time some street urchin asks him what Jesus' views on fellatio was, he can honestly say "My Dear, I have no idea what fellatio is................."
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 12:43 PM   #36
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke View Post
The hp loss was verified on other dynos. The reason is noise emissions.

Verified with another 2009 cbr600rr? I do believe it is the noise thing, same thing they said they were doing with the ZX10r.

Last edited by MOKE1K : 02-18-2009 at 06:19 PM.
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 09:33 PM   #37
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

And same as they did on the '08 CBR1000RR...
Old 02-19-2009, 05:38 AM   #38
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

How many 09CBR's did you Dyno?
Old 02-20-2009, 04:35 PM   #39
Duken4evr
Founding Member

It would be interesting to dyno the exhaust valve equipped bikes with the valve disabled and left open to see if their "power valves" actually add power anywhere.

My '06 FZ1 gained low end torque when I disabled it's power valve. Go figure.
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 04:50 PM   #40
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duken4evr View Post
It would be interesting to dyno the exhaust valve equipped bikes with the valve disabled and left open to see if their "power valves" actually add power anywhere.
I agree. I want to know if it's simply the exhaust valve plugging it up or if there is more to it, such as fuel or ignition settings. I bet it's just the exhaust valve, so it should be a fairly easy fix.

BTW, I wonder if the EPA considered the fact that this silly legislation will encourage more riders to bolt on a much louder aftermarket exhaust.