Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 02-17-2009, 01:12 PM   #21
anrajala
Founding Member

Default The real Sarnali

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
Did you ever remember the password to your "Sarnali1" account?
I believe the real Sarnali is tied up and gagged in some shed south of the border. Probably over an issue involving lots of fake pot and prostitutes. He was that kind of a guy.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-17-2009, 01:23 PM   #22
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke View Post
We'll call it square if I get a ride on your RZ!
I'll have to buy an RZ first. You can go on my boat and tell people you rode a V4 2 Stroke Yamaha.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 02:13 PM   #23
pdad13
Founding Member

Come on, you guys know better, especially Duke. The Daytona's extra 76cc comes at the expense of one cylinder.

Like Ace said, if you can race it in WSS, it surely fits in this test.

Could it be that there were just logistical problems with getting all the bikes tested at once?

Or is it simply a concession that the Triumph would have at least made it to the top two and you had to pander to the displacement Nazis?

That said, I will certainly be looking forward to the ZX-6R vs. the 675 for all the marbles.

Sincerely,

An extremely biased Triumph owner
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 02:38 PM   #24
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
I'll have to buy an RZ first. You can go on my boat and tell people you rode a V4 2 Stroke Yamaha.
Dangit. I was hoping you had an RZ500, which happens to be the first streetbike I ever owned. I'd love to have another.

At least boats lean the correct direction in corners...
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 02:42 PM   #25
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdad13 View Post
Come on, you guys know better, especially Duke. The Daytona's extra 76cc comes at the expense of one cylinder.

Like Ace said, if you can race it in WSS, it surely fits in this test.

Could it be that there were just logistical problems with getting all the bikes tested at once?

Or is it simply a concession that the Triumph would have at least made it to the top two and you had to pander to the displacement Nazis?

That said, I will certainly be looking forward to the ZX-6R vs. the 675 for all the marbles.

Sincerely,

An extremely biased Triumph owner
You're on the right track. When it seemed that Triumph wouldn't be able to deliver a Daytona as early as we'd hoped, we came up with a shootout with just the 600cc bikes. Plus, it's always a logistical challenge doing a 5- or 6-bike comparo with just three staffers!

Anyway, I think we did a good job on this test, and it's a worthy primer to seeing how the best 600 will stack up against the 675.

I must say I'm surprised no one on the forum has mentioned the news we broke about the R6 and CBR losing top-end power this year. It is news thus far unreported elsewhere.
Old 02-17-2009, 05:22 PM   #26
acecycleins
Founding Member

Quote:
You're on the right track. When it seemed that Triumph wouldn't be able to deliver a Daytona as early as we'd hoped, we came up with a shootout with just the 600cc bikes. Plus, it's always a logistical challenge doing a 5- or 6-bike comparo with just three staffers!

Anyway, I think we did a good job on this test, and it's a worthy primer to seeing how the best 600 will stack up against the 675.

I must say I'm surprised no one on the forum has mentioned the news we broke about the R6 and CBR losing top-end power this year. It is news thus far unreported elsewhere.
The power shift from the R6 is understandable since it gained a little torque. But the Honda was a bit of a shock. Was the trade off because of the way the ABS works with the ECU?
Old 02-17-2009, 05:40 PM   #27
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
We know the real reason the 675 was left out.
Yeah we know, Obamas fault...
Old 02-17-2009, 06:30 PM   #28
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
The power shift from the R6 is understandable since it gained a little torque. But the Honda was a bit of a shock. Was the trade off because of the way the ABS works with the ECU?
Nope. The reason is noise emissions. There will be a quiz, so you might want to read that sidebar again!
Old 02-17-2009, 07:17 PM   #29
pdad13
Founding Member

Actually, Kevin, I was a bit surprised at the HP numbers. Just forgot to mention it.

I also was not terribly surprised at the R6 considering the big knock on that bike has been its waif-like midrange. I just thought they'd figure out a way to fill it up a bit without affecting the top end much. The CBR was a bit of a surprise.

But you should realize by now that most MOrons aren't spec-sheet devotees.

By the way, I originally thought the ZX was kind of ugly but it does show better in person, especially (as always) in black. It's kind of funky looking but certainly not bad when seen in the flesh. Frankly, I don't know why people disliked the old bike so much; I thought it looked pretty classy without a whole bunch of bulges and creases.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 07:20 PM   #30
Labrat
Founding Member

Quote:

I'm just glad that I got my 600RR before they neutered it.
Labrat is offline   Reply With Quote