Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 02-11-2009, 09:41 AM   #1
12er
Founding Member

Default MOrons at Miller?

Just booked my lodging in SLC, who else is going to WSB in May? Looks to be the series to watch this year and finally I get to cheer for the Roundel, go Troy and Reuben!

Any Utah / SLC advice is welcome as to local and state laws, being a CA lane splitter... I know the booze laws are a little strange, not that it matters as I almost never drink anymore especially being on two wheels.

I'm leaving at O dark 30 on Thursday 5/28 for the 700 mile blast on 80 from the SF area. If anyone in the area or along the way is up for tagging along feel free to email me and we'll work out a meeting spot or 3.

Lastly anyone up for a meeting of the MOrons at the track? Ah I can smell the race gas already...
12er is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-11-2009, 10:38 AM   #2
seruzawa
The Toad

May shouldn't be scorching hot yet in the desert, but it could be. It could also be cold and rainy. The latest I've seen snow is May 19th. Be sure to check the weather at the NOAA website before you go.

I'd suggest general admission tickets. That way you can wander around and decide where to sit instead of being stuck in the bleachers. Bring a chair, umbrella and cooler.

The track is only about a 30 minute drive from Salt Lake City.

I'm not sure if I'm going to the races because we are going on a tour to Zion Park around that time and the plans aren't finalized up yet.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:48 AM   #3
acecycleins
Founding Member

Gotta work the Barber event this year. Can't afford the west coast this time, sorry. Anyone coming to Barber look for the ACE banner on vendor row.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:11 AM   #4
12er
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
May shouldn't be scorching hot yet in the desert, but it could be. It could also be cold and rainy. The latest I've seen snow is May 19th. Be sure to check the weather at the NOAA website before you go.

I'd suggest general admission tickets. That way you can wander around and decide where to sit instead of being stuck in the bleachers. Bring a chair, umbrella and cooler.

The track is only about a 30 minute drive from Salt Lake City.

I'm not sure if I'm going to the races because we are going on a tour to Zion Park around that time and the plans aren't finalized up yet.
Thank ya Sir! Ive been looking at the GA vs Stands with paddock pass. Its only $40 more and may be a nice option to have. They say you can still wander around if you don't want to sit in your seat. Been looking at the Erda Grandstands as that seems to offer the best view of the most corners. Staying at the Super 8 on the far west end of the airport which is closer to the track, cheap and has decent reviews on the AAA site. Most everything in Tooele was booked already.

Any decent eats in the area? I'll bookmark anything in the GPS, great little devices.

Zion sounds awesome, its on my list of wanted destinations.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote