Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   Cardo Scala Rider Q2 Bluetooth Communicator Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/10566-cardo-scala-rider-q2-bluetooth-communicator-review.html)

Administrator 02-02-2009 09:35 AM

Cardo Scala Rider Q2 Bluetooth Communicator Review

Original Article:
Cardo Scala Rider Q2 Bluetooth Communicator Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Cardo Scala Rider Q2 Bluetooth Communicator Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

DucPilot 02-02-2009 10:23 AM

I have spoken to people from Scala but haven't gotten a good answer to the following question. Why are companies like Scala using proprietary frequencies for rider-to-rider communications? If I am riding in group and other people have systems from Chatterbox or AutoComm you cannot talk to them nor they to each other. This industry should standardize on their channel selection, as in CB radio, so you are not limited to communications with others that have only the same brand.

ShawnKing 02-03-2009 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DucPilot (Post 203222)
Why are companies like Scala using proprietary frequencies for rider-to-rider communications? If I am riding in group and other people have systems from Chatterbox or AutoComm you cannot talk to them nor they to each other. This industry should standardize on their channel selection, as in CB radio, so you are not limited to communications with others that have only the same brand.

I think it's a good thing. Do you really want random strangers being able to talk to you while you're riding?

If you want broad communication, there's all kinds of CB Radio type solutions. I'd rather keep my comms private.

ShawnKing 02-03-2009 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DucPilot (Post 203222)
Why are companies like Scala using proprietary frequencies for rider-to-rider communications? If I am riding in group and other people have systems from Chatterbox or AutoComm you cannot talk to them nor they to each other. This industry should standardize on their channel selection, as in CB radio, so you are not limited to communications with others that have only the same brand.

I think it's a good thing. Do you really want random strangers being able to talk to you while you're riding?

If you want broad communication, there's all kinds of CB Radio type solutions. I'd rather keep my comms private.

celina 06-15-2009 07:51 PM

There is nothing called a free lunch is this world. If things needed to be resolved then initiative needs a support to be sorted out.
bluetooth motorcycle intercom

frankmoto 12-17-2010 01:51 PM

Interesting review, I was wondering how it would compare with a Sena SMH10 bluetooth headset?
I was thinking of getting a pair for me any my girlfriend for riding. Theres lot of reviews out there, but I thought I'd ask some people to get some real opinions.

I found these headsets on this web site: BlueVision Wireless Motorcycle Bluetooth Headset and Intercom